Wednesday, July 31, 2002
First Friday in Hood River will be known as “Summer in the Gorge,” according to Joanie Thomson, coordinator of the Hood River Downtown Business Association.
The association and GorgeArts in association with local artists, performers and businesses recognize artists of the Gorge during First Friday, 5-8 p.m.
On the First Friday of every month, dozens of local artists exhibit their creations at downtown Hood River businesses.
A monthly collaboration among downtown merchants and local artists and performers, First Friday benefits everyone, Thomson said.
Artists working in diverse media are on hand to showcase and sell their art, and a variety of performers entertain throughout the downtown area. Each participating business extends its hours until 8 p.m. and hosts one or more featured artists who are on hand throughout the evening.
Highlighted artists for the August event include Evlory Dearing at A Salon Day Spa Boutique, Richard Hallman at Kerrits, Lynn Whitley at Twiggs, Bill Sturman at the Hood River Wine Bar, Elizabeth Anderson at Informal Flowers, Peter Marbach, book signing of “Oregon Harvest” at Waucoma Bookstore and many more featured artists and locations.
Highlighted musicians include Wild River at Mall 202, Samba Hood Rio at Big Winds, Bob Connolly at Hood River Hotel, Charles Crosman at At Home on Oak Street and Fladdermus, Swedish Keyfiddle at Waucoma Bookstore.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge