Wednesday, June 26, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS — The Columbia Gorge Lions will present Sternwheeler Days from June 28-30 in Cascade Locks. The festivities begin on June 28 with excursion rides on the Sternwheeler “Columbia Gorge.”
Over 40 food and craft booths will be on hand to browse through, with live music, bingo, and children’s activities including pony rides, a petting zoo, kiddy train rides, The Bounce, mini-racers and games.
A salmon bake will be on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. at Port of Cascade Locks pavilion; the cost is $8.95 for adults, $4.95 for children.
Thunder Island will be alive with a rendezvous of Mountain Men and Women depicting fur-trading camps of the 1830-40s along with the “1856” Army Men’s regiment. There will also be salmon fishing in the old locks. Overnight parking is available overlooking the Columbia River.
The annual Sternwheeler Day parade will be Saturday at 11 a.m. Festival hours are Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Bridge of the Gods CB club will serve breakfast starting at 6 a.m., for $3.50, the Cascade Locks Garden Club holds a cake walk on Sunday at 11 a.m., and the Sternwheeler Days Fun Run/Walk will be at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Cruises on the Sternwheeler are available all weekend. Call 541-374-8427 or 800-643-1354 for more information, or visit www.sternwheeler.com.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge