Wednesday, June 26, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS — The Columbia Gorge Lions will present Sternwheeler Days from June 28-30 in Cascade Locks. The festivities begin on June 28 with excursion rides on the Sternwheeler “Columbia Gorge.”
Over 40 food and craft booths will be on hand to browse through, with live music, bingo, and children’s activities including pony rides, a petting zoo, kiddy train rides, The Bounce, mini-racers and games.
A salmon bake will be on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. at Port of Cascade Locks pavilion; the cost is $8.95 for adults, $4.95 for children.
Thunder Island will be alive with a rendezvous of Mountain Men and Women depicting fur-trading camps of the 1830-40s along with the “1856” Army Men’s regiment. There will also be salmon fishing in the old locks. Overnight parking is available overlooking the Columbia River.
The annual Sternwheeler Day parade will be Saturday at 11 a.m. Festival hours are Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Bridge of the Gods CB club will serve breakfast starting at 6 a.m., for $3.50, the Cascade Locks Garden Club holds a cake walk on Sunday at 11 a.m., and the Sternwheeler Days Fun Run/Walk will be at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Cruises on the Sternwheeler are available all weekend. Call 541-374-8427 or 800-643-1354 for more information, or visit www.sternwheeler.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge