Wednesday, June 26, 2002
CASCADE LOCKS — The Columbia Gorge Lions will present Sternwheeler Days from June 28-30 in Cascade Locks. The festivities begin on June 28 with excursion rides on the Sternwheeler “Columbia Gorge.”
Over 40 food and craft booths will be on hand to browse through, with live music, bingo, and children’s activities including pony rides, a petting zoo, kiddy train rides, The Bounce, mini-racers and games.
A salmon bake will be on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. at Port of Cascade Locks pavilion; the cost is $8.95 for adults, $4.95 for children.
Thunder Island will be alive with a rendezvous of Mountain Men and Women depicting fur-trading camps of the 1830-40s along with the “1856” Army Men’s regiment. There will also be salmon fishing in the old locks. Overnight parking is available overlooking the Columbia River.
The annual Sternwheeler Day parade will be Saturday at 11 a.m. Festival hours are Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Bridge of the Gods CB club will serve breakfast starting at 6 a.m., for $3.50, the Cascade Locks Garden Club holds a cake walk on Sunday at 11 a.m., and the Sternwheeler Days Fun Run/Walk will be at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Cruises on the Sternwheeler are available all weekend. Call 541-374-8427 or 800-643-1354 for more information, or visit www.sternwheeler.com.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control