Wednesday, March 13, 2002
Dear American Red Cross Blood Donors:
We wish to thank each of you for your generous support of the American Red Cross and its mission to provide an adequate supply of safe blood products to our community.
In an effort to better meet the needs of our donors, we have implemented an appointment priority system that will be utilized at all future blood drives. This system will allow us to better serve those donors who have scheduled an appointment to donate by honoring that appointment as soon as possible after the donor's arrival at the bloodmobile site. Walk-in donors will continue to be accepted as the schedule allows, but may be asked to wait until scheduled donors have been helped.
Unfortunately, in the past, long lines and lengthy waits have resulted when a large number of donors without appointments presented to donate. In those cases, many donors with scheduled appointments were inconvenienced, as their appointment time was not honored. The American Red Cross is committed to valuing each donors time and request that all donors make an appointment whenever possible.
Here are drives in your area occurring in March:
Hood River Armory, March 27 from 1 to 6 p.m. Please call Margo Parker at 541-387-3669 to schedule your appointment.
St. Peter's Catholic Church, The Dalles, March 26 from 1 to 6 p.m. Please call Linda Holcomb at 541-296-9633 to schedule your appointment.
Again, we appreciate all of our faithful donors that help us meet our mission to save lives every day! We look forward to seeing you at the blood drive.
Jon E. Rabe
American Red Cross Consultant
Hood River, Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam counties
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge