Wednesday, March 13, 2002
Dear American Red Cross Blood Donors:
We wish to thank each of you for your generous support of the American Red Cross and its mission to provide an adequate supply of safe blood products to our community.
In an effort to better meet the needs of our donors, we have implemented an appointment priority system that will be utilized at all future blood drives. This system will allow us to better serve those donors who have scheduled an appointment to donate by honoring that appointment as soon as possible after the donor's arrival at the bloodmobile site. Walk-in donors will continue to be accepted as the schedule allows, but may be asked to wait until scheduled donors have been helped.
Unfortunately, in the past, long lines and lengthy waits have resulted when a large number of donors without appointments presented to donate. In those cases, many donors with scheduled appointments were inconvenienced, as their appointment time was not honored. The American Red Cross is committed to valuing each donors time and request that all donors make an appointment whenever possible.
Here are drives in your area occurring in March:
Hood River Armory, March 27 from 1 to 6 p.m. Please call Margo Parker at 541-387-3669 to schedule your appointment.
St. Peter's Catholic Church, The Dalles, March 26 from 1 to 6 p.m. Please call Linda Holcomb at 541-296-9633 to schedule your appointment.
Again, we appreciate all of our faithful donors that help us meet our mission to save lives every day! We look forward to seeing you at the blood drive.
Jon E. Rabe
American Red Cross Consultant
Hood River, Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam counties
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge