Wednesday, May 22, 2002
HOOD RIVER — Susan Gutzler fired a cool round of 70 last Thursday at Indian Creek Golf Course to win the annual Spring Handicap tournament.
Gutzler earned a two-shot victory over Darlene Roberts, the 2001 champion. Diana Mazeski tied Roberts for first in the A class.
Jo Smith and Sara Starnes each shot a 73 to tie for third and round out the A class results. Smith also took home first place honors in the Long Drive competition, while Mazeski won the Closest to Pin award.
In the B class, Lynn Garcia putted her way to a first place finish with a round of 73, and also won the Long Drive competition.
Not far behind Garcia was Carol Emmerson, who finished in second with a 74. Patsy Prideaux and Hazel Walker tied for third with a 75. Walker took home B class Closest to Pin honors as well.
Golfers are reminded to attend Thursday’s clinic with Indian Creek golf pro Harold Bluestein, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge