Wednesday, May 22, 2002
HOOD RIVER — Susan Gutzler fired a cool round of 70 last Thursday at Indian Creek Golf Course to win the annual Spring Handicap tournament.
Gutzler earned a two-shot victory over Darlene Roberts, the 2001 champion. Diana Mazeski tied Roberts for first in the A class.
Jo Smith and Sara Starnes each shot a 73 to tie for third and round out the A class results. Smith also took home first place honors in the Long Drive competition, while Mazeski won the Closest to Pin award.
In the B class, Lynn Garcia putted her way to a first place finish with a round of 73, and also won the Long Drive competition.
Not far behind Garcia was Carol Emmerson, who finished in second with a 74. Patsy Prideaux and Hazel Walker tied for third with a 75. Walker took home B class Closest to Pin honors as well.
Golfers are reminded to attend Thursday’s clinic with Indian Creek golf pro Harold Bluestein, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge