Wednesday, May 22, 2002
HOOD RIVER — Susan Gutzler fired a cool round of 70 last Thursday at Indian Creek Golf Course to win the annual Spring Handicap tournament.
Gutzler earned a two-shot victory over Darlene Roberts, the 2001 champion. Diana Mazeski tied Roberts for first in the A class.
Jo Smith and Sara Starnes each shot a 73 to tie for third and round out the A class results. Smith also took home first place honors in the Long Drive competition, while Mazeski won the Closest to Pin award.
In the B class, Lynn Garcia putted her way to a first place finish with a round of 73, and also won the Long Drive competition.
Not far behind Garcia was Carol Emmerson, who finished in second with a 74. Patsy Prideaux and Hazel Walker tied for third with a 75. Walker took home B class Closest to Pin honors as well.
Golfers are reminded to attend Thursday’s clinic with Indian Creek golf pro Harold Bluestein, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge