Wednesday, May 22, 2002
HOOD RIVER — Susan Gutzler fired a cool round of 70 last Thursday at Indian Creek Golf Course to win the annual Spring Handicap tournament.
Gutzler earned a two-shot victory over Darlene Roberts, the 2001 champion. Diana Mazeski tied Roberts for first in the A class.
Jo Smith and Sara Starnes each shot a 73 to tie for third and round out the A class results. Smith also took home first place honors in the Long Drive competition, while Mazeski won the Closest to Pin award.
In the B class, Lynn Garcia putted her way to a first place finish with a round of 73, and also won the Long Drive competition.
Not far behind Garcia was Carol Emmerson, who finished in second with a 74. Patsy Prideaux and Hazel Walker tied for third with a 75. Walker took home B class Closest to Pin honors as well.
Golfers are reminded to attend Thursday’s clinic with Indian Creek golf pro Harold Bluestein, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge