Wednesday, November 20, 2002
Rusty Lewis is coming to the Trillium Café for a one-night one-man performance on at 7 p.m. on Friday. This talented artist will be featuring his unique, non-stop approach to entertainment.
"I've been playing tenor sax and keyboards since before birth. My career has included playing with bands in every major era from rock to disco to new wave to…well it ends there." Now, his forte is playing trashy comedy songs and parodies while offering up lots of popular numbers as sing-a-longs or just plain audience pleasers. He recently has lived in Breckenridge, Colo., performing his musical comedy shows for over 15 years at big après ski shows in Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. He is a regular at many famous resort clubs around the country such as Sloppy Joe's in Key West Florida and the world-famous Beer Barrel Saloon in Put-In-Bay, Ohio. He currently lives in a small, undisclosed town in Oregon. His game plan for the Trillium Café show is: "…to do whatever I want because this is America….oh, and to rock your world!"
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge