Wednesday, November 20, 2002
Rusty Lewis is coming to the Trillium Café for a one-night one-man performance on at 7 p.m. on Friday. This talented artist will be featuring his unique, non-stop approach to entertainment.
"I've been playing tenor sax and keyboards since before birth. My career has included playing with bands in every major era from rock to disco to new wave to…well it ends there." Now, his forte is playing trashy comedy songs and parodies while offering up lots of popular numbers as sing-a-longs or just plain audience pleasers. He recently has lived in Breckenridge, Colo., performing his musical comedy shows for over 15 years at big après ski shows in Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. He is a regular at many famous resort clubs around the country such as Sloppy Joe's in Key West Florida and the world-famous Beer Barrel Saloon in Put-In-Bay, Ohio. He currently lives in a small, undisclosed town in Oregon. His game plan for the Trillium Café show is: "…to do whatever I want because this is America….oh, and to rock your world!"
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge