Wednesday, November 20, 2002
Rusty Lewis is coming to the Trillium Café for a one-night one-man performance on at 7 p.m. on Friday. This talented artist will be featuring his unique, non-stop approach to entertainment.
"I've been playing tenor sax and keyboards since before birth. My career has included playing with bands in every major era from rock to disco to new wave to…well it ends there." Now, his forte is playing trashy comedy songs and parodies while offering up lots of popular numbers as sing-a-longs or just plain audience pleasers. He recently has lived in Breckenridge, Colo., performing his musical comedy shows for over 15 years at big après ski shows in Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. He is a regular at many famous resort clubs around the country such as Sloppy Joe's in Key West Florida and the world-famous Beer Barrel Saloon in Put-In-Bay, Ohio. He currently lives in a small, undisclosed town in Oregon. His game plan for the Trillium Café show is: "…to do whatever I want because this is America….oh, and to rock your world!"
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge