Wednesday, November 20, 2002
Tickets are on sale at several Gorge locations for the upcoming Trail Band concert. “Christmas with the Trail Band,” Dec. 5 at 7 p.m., at the Hood River Middle School auditorium, is a great way to welcome the holiday season.
For the fifth time, the event is a benefit for the Hood River County Education Foundation.
The Foundation has kept admission prices low for this special show to allow as many area residents and families as possible to attend.
Tickets to “Christmas with the Trail Band” are $15 for adults, $6 for children 14 and under, and are available now at a number of Columbia Gorge locations, including Klindt’s Bookstore in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore and Cascade Credit Union in Hood River, Collage of the Gorge in White Salmon, and Cascade Ice Cream and Deli in Cascade Locks.
Tickets also may be purchased during business hours at the Hood River County School District office, or by mail from the Hood River County Education Foundation with payment by check or money order (make payable to the Hood River County Education Foundation, and mail to P.O. Box 920, Hood River, OR 97031.) Concert tickets will be available at the door only if the show is not sold out in advance. Doors to the 7 p.m. concert open at 6 p.m. Additional concert information may be had by calling 541-386-2055.
Marv and Rindy Ross of the well-known ’80s band Quarterflash originated the eight-piece all-star Trail Band ensemble in 1991 to play period music in celebration of the Oregon Trail’s Susquicentennial.
The group’s performances proved extremely popular, and they have continued to enthrall and entertain audiences with original and traditional arrangements in a wide range of musical styles.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge