Tuesday, October 1, 2002
This Friday at the River City Saloon, Freewillinsoul from Portland will play its funky, upbeat, acoustic/electric fusion of blues, bluegrass and rock. Original songs propelled by infectious grooves create a melting pot for the six piece ensemble which includes two guitars, bass, drums and male and female vocals. This is their debut performance here at the River City and this should prove to be a jammin good time
ALO is coming to town this Saturday for a 9:30 p.m. show at the River City Saloon, and you won't want to miss one of the most exciting and innovative live acts on the music scene today. Animal Liberation Orchestra has a clear mission: to spread rapture through music.
Steeped in the legacy of down-and-dirty funk, ALO offers a musical vision which draws on an astounding array of influences, from trance to reggae, bluegrass to booty-beat, psych-out to soul.
The group's live concerts, best described as a kind of jam-band vaudeville show, feature special effects, comic skits and the group's own spell-binding improvisations to draw unsuspecting audiences together into a riotous, rapturous dance floor frenzy.
ALO enjoys a nationwide reputation for peerless musicianship and top-notch entertainment. To experience ALO is to become devoted to its one-of-a-kind musical vision.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge