Tuesday, October 1, 2002
First Friday returns to downtown Hood River Oct. 4, from 5-8 p.m., bringing tastes of local visual and performing arts at the first Art Walk of the autumn season.
Highlights of this month’s event include works by Sorcha Paul and other Member Gallery Artists at the American Family Insurance (209 Oak St., Suite 202); photographs by Seth McAllister at Holstein’s; and paintings by Judith Cunningham and Dick VanVoast at Informal Flowers.
Look for great food and fun with Hood River County United Way and its agencies at The Next Door, Inc. at 212 Second Street. There will also be a wine tasting by Maryhill Vineyards at The Wine Sellers and a Chalk Art Contest on the sidewalk of 3rd and Oak Street.
Music lovers will have to start early and walk fast to catch tunes by the following local musicians: Samba Hood Rio at Big Winds; Nancy Cook and Rusty Lewis at Hood River Bagel; Scot Bergeron at the Hood River Hotel; Cyparski and Guidera at the Hood River Wine Bar; Wild River at Ikote; and Ben Bonham’s One Man Band at Second Wind Sports.
Finally, in anticipation for the cold, cruel winter months ahead, Paulo Montufar will be displaying his hand-crafted birdhouses at Hood River Stationers.
The First Friday Art Walk is a collaboration between the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Gorge Arts Council.
First Friday is held the first Friday of each month from 5-8 p.m. through December.
For more information contact: Joanie Thomson, Hood River Downtown Business Association Coordinator.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge