Tuesday, October 1, 2002
First Friday returns to downtown Hood River Oct. 4, from 5-8 p.m., bringing tastes of local visual and performing arts at the first Art Walk of the autumn season.
Highlights of this month’s event include works by Sorcha Paul and other Member Gallery Artists at the American Family Insurance (209 Oak St., Suite 202); photographs by Seth McAllister at Holstein’s; and paintings by Judith Cunningham and Dick VanVoast at Informal Flowers.
Look for great food and fun with Hood River County United Way and its agencies at The Next Door, Inc. at 212 Second Street. There will also be a wine tasting by Maryhill Vineyards at The Wine Sellers and a Chalk Art Contest on the sidewalk of 3rd and Oak Street.
Music lovers will have to start early and walk fast to catch tunes by the following local musicians: Samba Hood Rio at Big Winds; Nancy Cook and Rusty Lewis at Hood River Bagel; Scot Bergeron at the Hood River Hotel; Cyparski and Guidera at the Hood River Wine Bar; Wild River at Ikote; and Ben Bonham’s One Man Band at Second Wind Sports.
Finally, in anticipation for the cold, cruel winter months ahead, Paulo Montufar will be displaying his hand-crafted birdhouses at Hood River Stationers.
The First Friday Art Walk is a collaboration between the Hood River Downtown Business Association and the Gorge Arts Council.
First Friday is held the first Friday of each month from 5-8 p.m. through December.
For more information contact: Joanie Thomson, Hood River Downtown Business Association Coordinator.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge