Tuesday, October 1, 2002
By RUBY BRUNK
Homecoming Week is now underway, and the community is invited to Air Guitar on Thursday at 10:40 a.m.
Air Guitar is a fun tradition at Hood River Valley High School involving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and staff competing in a musical talent show. Air Guitar is a favorite during Homecoming Week, and this year promises to be very entertaining.
The boys soccer homecoming game is also on Thursday at 4 p.m. The girls soccer homecoming game will be next Thursday against Bend. Both teams are well-matched and healthy competition is expected.
Friday is the big day at HRVHS. The Homecoming parade starts at 1 p.m., and will go through the Heights in Hood River. HRVHS students will have been working hard on their Homecoming floats, and some creative ideas are expected. The public can join the students for the entertainment at Jackson Park afterwards.
The girls volleyball team will have its homecoming game Friday at 7 p.m. The varsity football game against the Bend Lava Bears is at 7:30 with the Homecoming Coronation during halftime.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge