Tuesday, October 1, 2002
By RUBY BRUNK
Homecoming Week is now underway, and the community is invited to Air Guitar on Thursday at 10:40 a.m.
Air Guitar is a fun tradition at Hood River Valley High School involving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and staff competing in a musical talent show. Air Guitar is a favorite during Homecoming Week, and this year promises to be very entertaining.
The boys soccer homecoming game is also on Thursday at 4 p.m. The girls soccer homecoming game will be next Thursday against Bend. Both teams are well-matched and healthy competition is expected.
Friday is the big day at HRVHS. The Homecoming parade starts at 1 p.m., and will go through the Heights in Hood River. HRVHS students will have been working hard on their Homecoming floats, and some creative ideas are expected. The public can join the students for the entertainment at Jackson Park afterwards.
The girls volleyball team will have its homecoming game Friday at 7 p.m. The varsity football game against the Bend Lava Bears is at 7:30 with the Homecoming Coronation during halftime.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge