Tuesday, October 1, 2002
By RUBY BRUNK
Homecoming Week is now underway, and the community is invited to Air Guitar on Thursday at 10:40 a.m.
Air Guitar is a fun tradition at Hood River Valley High School involving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and staff competing in a musical talent show. Air Guitar is a favorite during Homecoming Week, and this year promises to be very entertaining.
The boys soccer homecoming game is also on Thursday at 4 p.m. The girls soccer homecoming game will be next Thursday against Bend. Both teams are well-matched and healthy competition is expected.
Friday is the big day at HRVHS. The Homecoming parade starts at 1 p.m., and will go through the Heights in Hood River. HRVHS students will have been working hard on their Homecoming floats, and some creative ideas are expected. The public can join the students for the entertainment at Jackson Park afterwards.
The girls volleyball team will have its homecoming game Friday at 7 p.m. The varsity football game against the Bend Lava Bears is at 7:30 with the Homecoming Coronation during halftime.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge