Tuesday, October 1, 2002
By RUBY BRUNK
Homecoming Week is now underway, and the community is invited to Air Guitar on Thursday at 10:40 a.m.
Air Guitar is a fun tradition at Hood River Valley High School involving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and staff competing in a musical talent show. Air Guitar is a favorite during Homecoming Week, and this year promises to be very entertaining.
The boys soccer homecoming game is also on Thursday at 4 p.m. The girls soccer homecoming game will be next Thursday against Bend. Both teams are well-matched and healthy competition is expected.
Friday is the big day at HRVHS. The Homecoming parade starts at 1 p.m., and will go through the Heights in Hood River. HRVHS students will have been working hard on their Homecoming floats, and some creative ideas are expected. The public can join the students for the entertainment at Jackson Park afterwards.
The girls volleyball team will have its homecoming game Friday at 7 p.m. The varsity football game against the Bend Lava Bears is at 7:30 with the Homecoming Coronation during halftime.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge