Tuesday, October 1, 2002
Tuesday morning, The Dalles Mayor Robb Van Cleave “flipped.”
The switch, that is, to begin the official broadcast of 92.7 FM, KMSW.
KMSW is the newest addition to the station group owned and operated by Columbia Gorge Broadcasters. Columbia Gorge Broadcasters owns KIHR and KCGB (K105) in Hood River and KACI AM and KACI FM in The Dalles.
The new station format was billed Tuesday as “the New Classic Rock Station.” Tuesday morning tunes included “Bad to the Bone” by George Thorogood and the Destroyers and “Breakdown” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Clients received the early information on how the station will be programmed.
“The excitement and support for 92.7 KMSW has been overwhelming,” states Columbia Gorge Broadcasters President and General Manager Gary Grossman.
The studios are located on 4th and Washington in The Dalles. The community was invited to the station’s big moment, with refreshments and drawings for prizes.
KMSW will have a signal that will serve Wasco and Hood River counties as well as much of Klickitat, Skamania and Sherman Counties.
“With the limited number of radio stations in the Gorge KMSW will be a fantastic addition to the area for both listeners and advertisers,” Grossman said. “We are looking forward to having a lot of fun and continuing our tradition of serving the community,” he added.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge