Tuesday, October 1, 2002
Tuesday morning, The Dalles Mayor Robb Van Cleave “flipped.”
The switch, that is, to begin the official broadcast of 92.7 FM, KMSW.
KMSW is the newest addition to the station group owned and operated by Columbia Gorge Broadcasters. Columbia Gorge Broadcasters owns KIHR and KCGB (K105) in Hood River and KACI AM and KACI FM in The Dalles.
The new station format was billed Tuesday as “the New Classic Rock Station.” Tuesday morning tunes included “Bad to the Bone” by George Thorogood and the Destroyers and “Breakdown” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Clients received the early information on how the station will be programmed.
“The excitement and support for 92.7 KMSW has been overwhelming,” states Columbia Gorge Broadcasters President and General Manager Gary Grossman.
The studios are located on 4th and Washington in The Dalles. The community was invited to the station’s big moment, with refreshments and drawings for prizes.
KMSW will have a signal that will serve Wasco and Hood River counties as well as much of Klickitat, Skamania and Sherman Counties.
“With the limited number of radio stations in the Gorge KMSW will be a fantastic addition to the area for both listeners and advertisers,” Grossman said. “We are looking forward to having a lot of fun and continuing our tradition of serving the community,” he added.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge