Tuesday, October 1, 2002
Tuesday morning, The Dalles Mayor Robb Van Cleave “flipped.”
The switch, that is, to begin the official broadcast of 92.7 FM, KMSW.
KMSW is the newest addition to the station group owned and operated by Columbia Gorge Broadcasters. Columbia Gorge Broadcasters owns KIHR and KCGB (K105) in Hood River and KACI AM and KACI FM in The Dalles.
The new station format was billed Tuesday as “the New Classic Rock Station.” Tuesday morning tunes included “Bad to the Bone” by George Thorogood and the Destroyers and “Breakdown” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Clients received the early information on how the station will be programmed.
“The excitement and support for 92.7 KMSW has been overwhelming,” states Columbia Gorge Broadcasters President and General Manager Gary Grossman.
The studios are located on 4th and Washington in The Dalles. The community was invited to the station’s big moment, with refreshments and drawings for prizes.
KMSW will have a signal that will serve Wasco and Hood River counties as well as much of Klickitat, Skamania and Sherman Counties.
“With the limited number of radio stations in the Gorge KMSW will be a fantastic addition to the area for both listeners and advertisers,” Grossman said. “We are looking forward to having a lot of fun and continuing our tradition of serving the community,” he added.
More like this story
- Wy’east High School Class of ’67 plans reunion
- Coming in August to the Hood River Library
- RC Car Club meeting
- Letters to the Editor for July 29
- Another Voice: The best path forward — Fixing, not replacing, the ACA
- Medieval fair takes over Cascade Locks Marine Park Aug. 5
- The Porch: Numbered Stairs mystery solved
- Business Notes: Wells Fargo promotes Trusov, Windermere expands
- End the cruel and dangerous practice of leaving pets in hot cars
- Church News: River of Life plans VBS
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge