Tuesday, October 1, 2002
McIsaac’s helps support HRV football
In an effort to help the HRV football team with this year’s brutal Intermountain Conference travel schedule, McIsaac’s Store of Parkdale has donated sandwiches for each of the team members and coaches for during their two recent road trips. Owners Trent Weseman and Scott and Angie DeHart plan to support the program every year, and will also contribute sandwiches for the two remaining away games — Oct. 11 at Redmond and Oct. 25 at Crook County.
CGWA work party Saturday at the Hatch
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association will host another fall work party this Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at the Hatchery in Skamania County, Wash. (highway 14, 4 miles west of toll bridge). Volunteers are asked to bring any supplies they can to help. Patrick Quigley is the site liaison for the CGWA. For more info, call 386-9225, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.cgwa.net
Cooper Spur Meet and Greet Oct. 13
The Cooper Spur Race Team will hold a meet-and-greet information night on Oct. 13 from 5-9 p.m. at the Crag Rat Hut. Any youth interested in ski racing on either the Mighty Mite, Mini or Junior race teams are invited to attend. The event will feature a ski swap, dinner, a raffle for a Meadows season pass, and an inspirational speaker. For more info on the Cooper Spur Race Team or the meet and greet, contact Tami Hukari at 386-6919 or Elaine Boudreau at 386-5486.
AAU basketball tryouts on Sunday
The Hood River 7th grade AAU Basketball team will hold tryouts on Sunday, Oct. 6, at 1:30 p.m. in the Westside Elementary School gym. Call 386-4868 with questions.
Community Ed flag football league
Hood River Community Education is offering a flag football league for all 4th-8th graders. Participants will develop basic football skills and learn the fundamentals of the game. The program will be held this Saturday through Oct. 26 at the Hood River Middle School Field from 2-4 p.m. Tuition for the four-week program is $15. Call 386-2055 to sign up.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge