Tuesday, October 8, 2002
CAST Performing Arts Center is planning for its winter production, “Getting Along Famously.” A play by Michael Jacobs, it is the story of a highly successful author of 16 action-packed spy thrillers.
The trouble is, he has always wanted to write the great American novel that would be ranked with the works of Twain, Dickens and Hemingway. So in his most recent Axel Troy novel he kills off his protagonist in order to concentrate on his novel.
As you might expect, this causes great anxiety in the minds of his literary agent and the movie star that has made his career out of playing Axel.
Auditions for the show will be held at 7 p.m. on Oct. 29 and 30 at the CAST Performing Arts Center.
Characters include two men in their early 50s; two women, one 45-55, the other 20-something. There are also small parts for three teenagers, one girl and two boys. The show will be directed by Jim Bull.
Performances will start Feb. 7 and run for three weekends.
Individuals interested in reading the script prior to the auditions may pick up a copy from Rishell Graves at CAST, 105 Fourth St., Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge