Wednesday, October 9, 2002
Laurie DeCrow of Hood River has been named as a new independent agent for Child Shield, U.S.A., a national organization dedicated to the safety of America’s children.
DeCrow shares with Child Shield, U.S.A. its goal of helping to prevent and recover lost, missing, abducted, and runaway children throughout America.
According to the United States Department of Justice, these situations befall about one-half million children each year.
Unfortunately, far too many American parents have an “It can’t happen to my kid” attitude. According to the Vanished Children’s Alliance, every 40 seconds another child is missing or abducted.
“We are not doing our children any favors by pretending that these things don’t happen,” said Ellen Slockbower who, with her husband David, co-founded the Pennsylvania-based Child Shield, U.S.A. in 1990.
“By keping our children ignorant of these dangers, we are also keeping them vulnerabnle. To educate them is empower them,” she says.
The primary goal of Child Shield, U.S.A. is to reduce the numbers of lost, missing, abducted, and runaway children in America.
Their child safety package provides an easy to follow educational program designed to empower parents and children with important knowledge that can help to prevent an unfortunate occurance.
In additon, the educational part of the Child Shield, U.S.A. service includes the unique Safety Seven poster and their Play It Safe coloring and activity book. These materials provide ongoing reenforcement and help children retain the important safety informaiton they’ve learned.
This unique database contains hundreds of law enforcement agencies, missing children’s organizations, and national news media contacts.
For more information on how to protect your children with Child Shield, U.S.A., contact Laurie DeCrow at 387-5819.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge