Tuesday, October 15, 2002
Harvest Fest fills the Hood River Expo Center Friday through Sunday, and takes in numerous events and attractions throughout the Hood River Valley.
For full details, please turn to Kaleidoscope, section C of this issue. Page C4 describes the Gorge Fruit and Craft Show at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Kaleidoscope also includes a full schedule of events at the Expo Center as well as attractions at orchards, farms and businesses throughout the valley this weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, the sixth annual Autumn Fest unfolds in Parkdale, presented by Mt. Hood Railroad at the Hutson Museum grounds, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Musical groups Cascade Trio, Gipsy Ale, and Wild Rose will perform, and food and arts and crafts will range from water colors and pottery to seedlings and copious fresh produce. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hutson Museum.
The Expo Center will host more than 100 hand-craft vendors, food vendors, the Harvest Quilt raffle, and continuous live entertainment. Parking is free and ample.
Expo Center hours are Friday 1 to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 to 5. Admission is $3 adults, 12 and under free, and $5 for a weekend pass.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge