Tuesday, October 15, 2002
Harvest Fest fills the Hood River Expo Center Friday through Sunday, and takes in numerous events and attractions throughout the Hood River Valley.
For full details, please turn to Kaleidoscope, section C of this issue. Page C4 describes the Gorge Fruit and Craft Show at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Kaleidoscope also includes a full schedule of events at the Expo Center as well as attractions at orchards, farms and businesses throughout the valley this weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, the sixth annual Autumn Fest unfolds in Parkdale, presented by Mt. Hood Railroad at the Hutson Museum grounds, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Musical groups Cascade Trio, Gipsy Ale, and Wild Rose will perform, and food and arts and crafts will range from water colors and pottery to seedlings and copious fresh produce. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hutson Museum.
The Expo Center will host more than 100 hand-craft vendors, food vendors, the Harvest Quilt raffle, and continuous live entertainment. Parking is free and ample.
Expo Center hours are Friday 1 to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 to 5. Admission is $3 adults, 12 and under free, and $5 for a weekend pass.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge