Tuesday, October 15, 2002
Harvest Fest fills the Hood River Expo Center Friday through Sunday, and takes in numerous events and attractions throughout the Hood River Valley.
For full details, please turn to Kaleidoscope, section C of this issue. Page C4 describes the Gorge Fruit and Craft Show at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Kaleidoscope also includes a full schedule of events at the Expo Center as well as attractions at orchards, farms and businesses throughout the valley this weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, the sixth annual Autumn Fest unfolds in Parkdale, presented by Mt. Hood Railroad at the Hutson Museum grounds, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Musical groups Cascade Trio, Gipsy Ale, and Wild Rose will perform, and food and arts and crafts will range from water colors and pottery to seedlings and copious fresh produce. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hutson Museum.
The Expo Center will host more than 100 hand-craft vendors, food vendors, the Harvest Quilt raffle, and continuous live entertainment. Parking is free and ample.
Expo Center hours are Friday 1 to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 to 5. Admission is $3 adults, 12 and under free, and $5 for a weekend pass.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge