Tuesday, October 15, 2002
Harvest Fest fills the Hood River Expo Center Friday through Sunday, and takes in numerous events and attractions throughout the Hood River Valley.
For full details, please turn to Kaleidoscope, section C of this issue. Page C4 describes the Gorge Fruit and Craft Show at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Kaleidoscope also includes a full schedule of events at the Expo Center as well as attractions at orchards, farms and businesses throughout the valley this weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, the sixth annual Autumn Fest unfolds in Parkdale, presented by Mt. Hood Railroad at the Hutson Museum grounds, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Musical groups Cascade Trio, Gipsy Ale, and Wild Rose will perform, and food and arts and crafts will range from water colors and pottery to seedlings and copious fresh produce. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hutson Museum.
The Expo Center will host more than 100 hand-craft vendors, food vendors, the Harvest Quilt raffle, and continuous live entertainment. Parking is free and ample.
Expo Center hours are Friday 1 to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 to 5. Admission is $3 adults, 12 and under free, and $5 for a weekend pass.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge