Tuesday, October 15, 2002
Summit Snowboard Team meeting
The four-time defending state-champion Summit Snowboard Team will hold an all-comers meeting Wednesday, Oct. 23, at 7 p.m. at the Hood River Baptist Church. All high-school-age snowboarders from Horizon Christian, Hood River Valley or home school are invited to attend. For more information, contact Cheramy Rovianek at 386-1396, or coach Steve Grace at 387-5589.
Community Ed wrestling set to begin
Hood River Community Education will begins its annual youth wrestling program for boys and girls in grades K-6. Beginning Nov. 4, grades 3-6 will meet with coach Mark Brown on Mondays and Thursdays from 6-7:30 p.m. at Hood River Valley High School. Beginning Nov. 2, kids in grades K-2 will meet Saturdays from 9:30-10:45 a.m. Participants will learn rules, scoring, takedowns, pins, reversals, escapes and more. Cost is $12 per wrestler. For more information or to register, call 386-2055.
through October, weather permitting. Tee time is 9:30 a.m.
Lifeguard training class offered
Hood River Parks and Recreation will be offering a multi-session American Red Cross lifeguard training course, beginning Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. at the HR Aquatic Center. Course fee is $110 and minimum age is 15. Preregistration required. Call 386-1303 for details.
Airtime club muscles up for new year
Airtime Wrestling Club will begin its new season at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28, at HRVHS.
Coaches Bill Van Ek and Mark Brown encourage all youth wrestlers in grades K-8 to stop by the high school and learn what this exciting program is all about.
For more information on Airtime or youth wrestling, contact Van Ek at 354-3616 or Brown at 386-9365.
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge