Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Groups with interests in agriculture, education, social services and international relations will pose questions Oct. 22 at the only election forum scheduled during the fall campaign season in Hood River.
The event runs from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free.
(A forum is also planned in Cascade Locks, tonight at 7 p.m., at City Hall, sponsored by Columbia Gorge Lions. City and state legislative candidates have been invited.)
For the Oct. 22 event, invitations have been extended to the three candidates for U.S. House of Representatives, Dist. 2, including incumbent Greg Walden (R-Hood River), challenger Peter Buckley (D-Ashland), and Mike Wood (L-Wallowa).
U.S. Senate candidates, Republican incumbent Gordon Smith and Democratic challenger Bill Bradbury, have also been invited to attend, but have not confirmed.
In addition, all candidates for the two state Legislative positions representing Hood River County have indicated their intent to attend. They include State Senate Dist. 26 candidates Rick Metsger (D-Welches) and Bob Montgomery (R-Cascade Locks), and House District 52 candidates Patti Smith (R-Corbett) and Larry Cramblett (D-Cascade Locks).
This forum is the second sponsored this year by the Citizens for Responsible Growth, formed in 2001 to foster community dialogue toward a shared economic development vision.
For questions, the CRG turned to several community groups. Their representatives or the event moderator will pose those questions at the forum. Audience questions will follow.
Each candidate will get time to make a three-minute opening statement. Questions will follow. Each candidate will have seen the questions at least a week prior to the event, and will have two minutes to answer during the forum.
On Oct. 19, the Hood River News will publish the specific questions posed to the candidates.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge