Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Global Funk Council brings its unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, latin, and reggae to the River City Saloon for two big shows on Oct. 28 and 29. Both shows at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A.
GFC recently recorded their first album, Keep On Pushin', and it will soon be available. Global Funk Council is on a never ending tour of the U.S. with a live show that can't be missed: high-energy, crowd-pleasing, booty-shaking grooves with fun, intelligent lyrics.
So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge