Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Global Funk Council brings its unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, latin, and reggae to the River City Saloon for two big shows on Oct. 28 and 29. Both shows at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A.
GFC recently recorded their first album, Keep On Pushin', and it will soon be available. Global Funk Council is on a never ending tour of the U.S. with a live show that can't be missed: high-energy, crowd-pleasing, booty-shaking grooves with fun, intelligent lyrics.
So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge