Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Global Funk Council brings its unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, latin, and reggae to the River City Saloon for two big shows on Oct. 28 and 29. Both shows at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A.
GFC recently recorded their first album, Keep On Pushin', and it will soon be available. Global Funk Council is on a never ending tour of the U.S. with a live show that can't be missed: high-energy, crowd-pleasing, booty-shaking grooves with fun, intelligent lyrics.
So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge