Wednesday, October 23, 2002
Global Funk Council brings its unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, latin, and reggae to the River City Saloon for two big shows on Oct. 28 and 29. Both shows at 9:30 p.m. and there will be a cover.
This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A.
GFC recently recorded their first album, Keep On Pushin', and it will soon be available. Global Funk Council is on a never ending tour of the U.S. with a live show that can't be missed: high-energy, crowd-pleasing, booty-shaking grooves with fun, intelligent lyrics.
So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge