Tuesday, September 3, 2002
Elbo Finn a FolkCore Band, was officially formed in 1994 and brings its eight years of experience to the River City Saloon this Friday. After aquiring Maurice Hille on drums the band quickly went into the studio to record a five song CD. Thimble & the Wheel was released fall of 1995. Almost immediately the first single Freezer Hash began getting normal rotation spins on alternative station KXRK 96.3FM Salt Lake City, Utah. At this time the band focused their attention mainly on saturating the Salt Lake City club market. With the help of Freezer Hash Elbo Finn was playing packed venues week after week. A year after Thimble was released radio time and local performance helped lock down down a strong, loyal following for the Salt Lake favorite. After a year of hard studio work the Finn boys returned with 1997's Cryptogamy Kills Cowboy.
Since November of 1997 Elbo Finn has been playing Las Vegas, Los Angeles (and surrounding areas), and San Francisco. In addition to consistently filling Salt Lake Clubs Elbo Finn has played as support with many notable acts, including Soul Coughing, Dig, Frank Black, Hovercraft, The Samples, Gene Loves Gezebel, The Flys, possum Dixon and Vallejoa.
Longtime favorties of the old River City Saloon, Hookah Stew returns to the newly renovated venue on Saturday with their high energy stage presence. Hooka
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge