Monday, September 16, 2002
The Hood River Hotel and CAST Theater are teaming up to bring Christopher Schiro’s version of the Charles Dickens’ classic, “A Christmas Carol,” to the Hood River community this fall.
Gary Young, who delighted audiences with his depiction of Scrooge in past CAST performances, will be reprising the role of the old miser. Auditions for the play’s other characters will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 and 17 at the Hood River Hotel. Parts include a young child (girl or boy) age 8-12, three men and three women.
Director Judy Yeo plans to have the characters present the play amid the audience rather than using the conventional stage approach.
“Using this type of theater and having the Hood River Hotel as the backdrop will be an exciting experience for all the family and wonderful way to start the holiday season,” Yeo said. Production dates are scheduled for Nov. 29-30. For more information contact CAST at 387-8855.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge