Monday, September 16, 2002
The Hood River Hotel and CAST Theater are teaming up to bring Christopher Schiro’s version of the Charles Dickens’ classic, “A Christmas Carol,” to the Hood River community this fall.
Gary Young, who delighted audiences with his depiction of Scrooge in past CAST performances, will be reprising the role of the old miser. Auditions for the play’s other characters will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 and 17 at the Hood River Hotel. Parts include a young child (girl or boy) age 8-12, three men and three women.
Director Judy Yeo plans to have the characters present the play amid the audience rather than using the conventional stage approach.
“Using this type of theater and having the Hood River Hotel as the backdrop will be an exciting experience for all the family and wonderful way to start the holiday season,” Yeo said. Production dates are scheduled for Nov. 29-30. For more information contact CAST at 387-8855.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays