Monday, September 16, 2002
The Hood River Hotel and CAST Theater are teaming up to bring Christopher Schiro’s version of the Charles Dickens’ classic, “A Christmas Carol,” to the Hood River community this fall.
Gary Young, who delighted audiences with his depiction of Scrooge in past CAST performances, will be reprising the role of the old miser. Auditions for the play’s other characters will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 and 17 at the Hood River Hotel. Parts include a young child (girl or boy) age 8-12, three men and three women.
Director Judy Yeo plans to have the characters present the play amid the audience rather than using the conventional stage approach.
“Using this type of theater and having the Hood River Hotel as the backdrop will be an exciting experience for all the family and wonderful way to start the holiday season,” Yeo said. Production dates are scheduled for Nov. 29-30. For more information contact CAST at 387-8855.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge