Monday, September 16, 2002
The Hood River Hotel and CAST Theater are teaming up to bring Christopher Schiro’s version of the Charles Dickens’ classic, “A Christmas Carol,” to the Hood River community this fall.
Gary Young, who delighted audiences with his depiction of Scrooge in past CAST performances, will be reprising the role of the old miser. Auditions for the play’s other characters will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 and 17 at the Hood River Hotel. Parts include a young child (girl or boy) age 8-12, three men and three women.
Director Judy Yeo plans to have the characters present the play amid the audience rather than using the conventional stage approach.
“Using this type of theater and having the Hood River Hotel as the backdrop will be an exciting experience for all the family and wonderful way to start the holiday season,” Yeo said. Production dates are scheduled for Nov. 29-30. For more information contact CAST at 387-8855.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge