Monday, September 16, 2002
HRV boys soccer BBQ on Tuesday
Come one, come all to the HRV boys soccer team’s first home game Tuesday against Bend, and help the team raise money for the season by contributing $4 for a barbecue dinner. Delicious homemade desserts and gourmet ice cream will also be served. Game is at 4 p.m. at Westside Field. Call Becki Rawson at 386-2510 with questions.
HR Little League meeting Monday
The Hood River Little League main board will hold its regular meeting Monday at 6 p.m. at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Please call Becky Kopecky at 387-3777 with questions.
Youth swimmers wanted for fall
The Hood River Valley Swim Team is gearing up for another fall/winter season and is looking for new participants. Sign-ups begin Monday at 3:30 p.m. at the HR Aquatic Center. Boys and girls interested in joining the team must be able to swim at least 25 yards freestyle. Athletes will learn four competitive swimming strokes, dives and turns. F
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge