Monday, September 16, 2002
HRV boys soccer BBQ on Tuesday
Come one, come all to the HRV boys soccer team’s first home game Tuesday against Bend, and help the team raise money for the season by contributing $4 for a barbecue dinner. Delicious homemade desserts and gourmet ice cream will also be served. Game is at 4 p.m. at Westside Field. Call Becki Rawson at 386-2510 with questions.
HR Little League meeting Monday
The Hood River Little League main board will hold its regular meeting Monday at 6 p.m. at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Please call Becky Kopecky at 387-3777 with questions.
Youth swimmers wanted for fall
The Hood River Valley Swim Team is gearing up for another fall/winter season and is looking for new participants. Sign-ups begin Monday at 3:30 p.m. at the HR Aquatic Center. Boys and girls interested in joining the team must be able to swim at least 25 yards freestyle. Athletes will learn four competitive swimming strokes, dives and turns. F
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge