Monday, September 16, 2002
HRV boys soccer BBQ on Tuesday
Come one, come all to the HRV boys soccer team’s first home game Tuesday against Bend, and help the team raise money for the season by contributing $4 for a barbecue dinner. Delicious homemade desserts and gourmet ice cream will also be served. Game is at 4 p.m. at Westside Field. Call Becki Rawson at 386-2510 with questions.
HR Little League meeting Monday
The Hood River Little League main board will hold its regular meeting Monday at 6 p.m. at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. Everyone is welcome. Please call Becky Kopecky at 387-3777 with questions.
Youth swimmers wanted for fall
The Hood River Valley Swim Team is gearing up for another fall/winter season and is looking for new participants. Sign-ups begin Monday at 3:30 p.m. at the HR Aquatic Center. Boys and girls interested in joining the team must be able to swim at least 25 yards freestyle. Athletes will learn four competitive swimming strokes, dives and turns. F
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge