Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Friends of the Library needs donations of books for the its annual sale, Sept. 26 and 27.
Books for the sale can be left at the library, now located in the old Sprint building at 601 State St.
“We count on donations from the community to make our annual sale a success,” said Diane Allen, President of the Friends.
Because of the library’s move, the annual sale did not happen in May.
The Members’ Only sale will be Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m. The public sale will be Sept. 27, 10 to 7 p.m. The sale will be held in an empty office suite in the old Sprint building.
The Friends also need volunteers to help set up the sale as well as work at the sale. To volunteer, please call Sydney Burkhart at 386-6967.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge