Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Friends of the Library needs donations of books for the its annual sale, Sept. 26 and 27.
Books for the sale can be left at the library, now located in the old Sprint building at 601 State St.
“We count on donations from the community to make our annual sale a success,” said Diane Allen, President of the Friends.
Because of the library’s move, the annual sale did not happen in May.
The Members’ Only sale will be Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m. The public sale will be Sept. 27, 10 to 7 p.m. The sale will be held in an empty office suite in the old Sprint building.
The Friends also need volunteers to help set up the sale as well as work at the sale. To volunteer, please call Sydney Burkhart at 386-6967.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge