Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Friends of the Library needs donations of books for the its annual sale, Sept. 26 and 27.
Books for the sale can be left at the library, now located in the old Sprint building at 601 State St.
“We count on donations from the community to make our annual sale a success,” said Diane Allen, President of the Friends.
Because of the library’s move, the annual sale did not happen in May.
The Members’ Only sale will be Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m. The public sale will be Sept. 27, 10 to 7 p.m. The sale will be held in an empty office suite in the old Sprint building.
The Friends also need volunteers to help set up the sale as well as work at the sale. To volunteer, please call Sydney Burkhart at 386-6967.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge