Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Friends of the Library needs donations of books for the its annual sale, Sept. 26 and 27.
Books for the sale can be left at the library, now located in the old Sprint building at 601 State St.
“We count on donations from the community to make our annual sale a success,” said Diane Allen, President of the Friends.
Because of the library’s move, the annual sale did not happen in May.
The Members’ Only sale will be Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m. The public sale will be Sept. 27, 10 to 7 p.m. The sale will be held in an empty office suite in the old Sprint building.
The Friends also need volunteers to help set up the sale as well as work at the sale. To volunteer, please call Sydney Burkhart at 386-6967.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge