Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Reverend Evan Hadley comes to the River City Saloon Friday. The Portland-based singer/songwriter and guitarist is known for his unique blend of groove-oriented alt-pop combined with many other musical textures and layered over intense rhythms. The line-up features the Reverend on vocals and guitar; Jay Stapleton on jazz guitar; Noah Peterson on saxophones and percussion; Robe Noe on drums; and Luke McKern on bass. The show begins at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
On Saturday, The Big Island Shindig plays at The River City. The B.I.S. combine the energies of both acoustic and electric instruments causing a cosmic combustion of honey-sweet jam. The band consists of Noah Bell on guitar/vocals; Josh Collum on mandolin/vocals; Nathan Day on guitar/vocals; Dave Deal on drums; Jim Montgomery on piano/organ; and Tyler Stauss on bass.
Together they pack a powerful punch from their multi-style arsenal of tunes from blues to bluegrass, rock to funk, Latin and jazz. The show starts at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge