Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Reverend Evan Hadley comes to the River City Saloon Friday. The Portland-based singer/songwriter and guitarist is known for his unique blend of groove-oriented alt-pop combined with many other musical textures and layered over intense rhythms. The line-up features the Reverend on vocals and guitar; Jay Stapleton on jazz guitar; Noah Peterson on saxophones and percussion; Robe Noe on drums; and Luke McKern on bass. The show begins at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
On Saturday, The Big Island Shindig plays at The River City. The B.I.S. combine the energies of both acoustic and electric instruments causing a cosmic combustion of honey-sweet jam. The band consists of Noah Bell on guitar/vocals; Josh Collum on mandolin/vocals; Nathan Day on guitar/vocals; Dave Deal on drums; Jim Montgomery on piano/organ; and Tyler Stauss on bass.
Together they pack a powerful punch from their multi-style arsenal of tunes from blues to bluegrass, rock to funk, Latin and jazz. The show starts at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge