Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Reverend Evan Hadley comes to the River City Saloon Friday. The Portland-based singer/songwriter and guitarist is known for his unique blend of groove-oriented alt-pop combined with many other musical textures and layered over intense rhythms. The line-up features the Reverend on vocals and guitar; Jay Stapleton on jazz guitar; Noah Peterson on saxophones and percussion; Robe Noe on drums; and Luke McKern on bass. The show begins at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
On Saturday, The Big Island Shindig plays at The River City. The B.I.S. combine the energies of both acoustic and electric instruments causing a cosmic combustion of honey-sweet jam. The band consists of Noah Bell on guitar/vocals; Josh Collum on mandolin/vocals; Nathan Day on guitar/vocals; Dave Deal on drums; Jim Montgomery on piano/organ; and Tyler Stauss on bass.
Together they pack a powerful punch from their multi-style arsenal of tunes from blues to bluegrass, rock to funk, Latin and jazz. The show starts at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill