Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Reverend Evan Hadley comes to the River City Saloon Friday. The Portland-based singer/songwriter and guitarist is known for his unique blend of groove-oriented alt-pop combined with many other musical textures and layered over intense rhythms. The line-up features the Reverend on vocals and guitar; Jay Stapleton on jazz guitar; Noah Peterson on saxophones and percussion; Robe Noe on drums; and Luke McKern on bass. The show begins at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
On Saturday, The Big Island Shindig plays at The River City. The B.I.S. combine the energies of both acoustic and electric instruments causing a cosmic combustion of honey-sweet jam. The band consists of Noah Bell on guitar/vocals; Josh Collum on mandolin/vocals; Nathan Day on guitar/vocals; Dave Deal on drums; Jim Montgomery on piano/organ; and Tyler Stauss on bass.
Together they pack a powerful punch from their multi-style arsenal of tunes from blues to bluegrass, rock to funk, Latin and jazz. The show starts at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge