Wednesday, September 18, 2002
The Reverend Evan Hadley comes to the River City Saloon Friday. The Portland-based singer/songwriter and guitarist is known for his unique blend of groove-oriented alt-pop combined with many other musical textures and layered over intense rhythms. The line-up features the Reverend on vocals and guitar; Jay Stapleton on jazz guitar; Noah Peterson on saxophones and percussion; Robe Noe on drums; and Luke McKern on bass. The show begins at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
On Saturday, The Big Island Shindig plays at The River City. The B.I.S. combine the energies of both acoustic and electric instruments causing a cosmic combustion of honey-sweet jam. The band consists of Noah Bell on guitar/vocals; Josh Collum on mandolin/vocals; Nathan Day on guitar/vocals; Dave Deal on drums; Jim Montgomery on piano/organ; and Tyler Stauss on bass.
Together they pack a powerful punch from their multi-style arsenal of tunes from blues to bluegrass, rock to funk, Latin and jazz. The show starts at 9 p.m. with a cover charge.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge