Wednesday, September 18, 2002
Horizon falls to 0-2 with 5-0 loss
The Horizon Christian soccer team absorbed its second consecutive early-season defeat Saturday with a 5-0 loss to new conference foe Umatilla. The Hawks were able to stay in the game until mid-way through the second half, but gave up three late goals to spell their downfall. Monday’s home game versus Riverdale was cancelled due to transportation problems for the visiting team. The Hawks’ next game is today at Columbia Christian.
Cross-country teams travel to Seaside
The boys and girls cross-country teams from HRV will travel to the coast this weekend for the three-state Seaside Invitational. More than 1,300 athletes are expected to compete in the event, which begins at 10 a.m. Saturday at Camp Rilea in Warrenton. The annual event is a three-course challenge — easy, medium, hard — and typically features some sections of running through water.
HR Billiards expands fall hours
Hood River Billiards is expanding its fall hours and will be offering more competition-style tables to play on every week. They plan to offer a minimum of five tables, including a professional nine-foot table and two eight-footers that are already in use. Friday through Sunday daytime hours will stay the same (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), but new evening hours Wednesday through Saturday (6-10 p.m.) are starting now. A tournament schedule has also been posted: Wednesday 8-ball (6 p.m.), Friday 9-ball (6 p.m.) and Saturday straight pool (4 p.m.) In addition, the Chess Club officially begins this Thursday at 6 p.m. Soft and hard dart boards are also available. Stop by HR Billiards, located next to the old Antique Mall.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge