Wednesday, September 25, 2002
Bruce A. Burton, DMD, MAGD, ABGD, of Hood River was elected secretary of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) during the second session of the House of Delegates at the Academy’s annual meeting in Honolulu.
“As secretary, I will work to ensure that the Academy of General Dentistry is the best organization for the general dentist who wants to participate in a lifelong learning environment,” Burton said.
Burton is president of the AGD Foundation. He has been a trustee from Region 11 since 1999, and he has held a number of leadership positions within the AGD, including chair of the Publications Committee and member of the Strategic Advancement Committee and Dental Care Council.
Active in the Oregon Academy of General Dentistry (OAGD), Burton has served as president, secretary/treasurer, delegate, associate editor and Board member. He was named OAGD co-dentist of the year in 1997.
Burton received his DMD from University of Oregon Dental School in 1980 with honors. In 1988 he earned the Mastership Award from the Academy. To earn this award, he completed more than 1,100 hours of continuing dental education, including 400 hours of hands-on courses. The Certifying Board of General Dentistry certified him in 1992.
Burton maintains a private dental practice in Hood River. He and his wife, Connie, have three children: Travis, Bret and Megan.
This year marks the AGD’s 50th Anniversary. In the past 50 years, the AGD has risen to the forefront of the profession and built a solid reputation as the premier dental organization committed to helping dentists stay up-to-date in the profession through continuing education. A general dentist is the primary care provider for patients of all ages and is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, management and overall coordination of services related to patient’s oral health needs.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge