Wednesday, September 25, 2002
Guitarist and singer/songwriter Nancy Cook returns to Hood River Friday when she plays at the Trillium Cafe from 8 to 11 p.m. There is no cover charge for the show, in which Cook presents an evening of diverse acoustic music, mixing original material from her three most recent releases with new material from her upcoming CD to be released next spring.
Music has been a way of life for Cook, dating to her roots in Florida and continuing after she made Boulder, Colo., her home in 1979. Initially, she split her energy between solo performances and several different dance bands, ranging from country-rock to rhythm and blues. In the late 1980s, she returned to her acoustic roots and began to focus more on writing her own songs. Recently, she’s begun to include occasional covers of her favorite influential artists into her shows — including Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Sheryl Crow, Bonnie Raitt and Joni Mitchell.
Cook has opened for such diverse national acts as Shawn Colvin, Lyle Lovett, Leo Kottke and Warren Zevon.
The Trillium is located at 207 Oak St. in Hood River.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge