Wednesday, September 25, 2002
The Hood River County School District’s Community Education is offering a SAT Preparation course for high school students. The course is for any student who is preparing to take the SAT test this year.
Colleges and universities use academic test scores such as the SAT for admittance or to determine if a student needs additional courses in order to succeed in college. This course, taught by Mimi Macht, will help students increase their scores and understand what to expect on the exam.
The four-week course will be held on Sundays from 4 to 6 p.m. beginning Oct. 6. It will be held at the Coe Primary Building and tuition is $40. To register, call Community Ed at 386-2055.
School enrollment hits 3,897
Hood River County School District enrollment stands at 3,897 students, up approximately 50 students over September 2001, according to a district report.
There are 1,205 students at Hood River Valley High School. Wy’east Middle School has 438 students, and Hood River Middle School 439. The middle schools and HRVHS were all expanded in the past year.
Cascade Locks has a total of 191 students in K-12; a total of 1,770 students are enrolled in all the elementary schools. Westside has 441 students, Mid Valley 424, May Street 418, Parkdale 271, 135 at Pine Grove, and 85 at Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge