Wednesday, September 25, 2002
The Hood River County School District’s Community Education is offering a SAT Preparation course for high school students. The course is for any student who is preparing to take the SAT test this year.
Colleges and universities use academic test scores such as the SAT for admittance or to determine if a student needs additional courses in order to succeed in college. This course, taught by Mimi Macht, will help students increase their scores and understand what to expect on the exam.
The four-week course will be held on Sundays from 4 to 6 p.m. beginning Oct. 6. It will be held at the Coe Primary Building and tuition is $40. To register, call Community Ed at 386-2055.
School enrollment hits 3,897
Hood River County School District enrollment stands at 3,897 students, up approximately 50 students over September 2001, according to a district report.
There are 1,205 students at Hood River Valley High School. Wy’east Middle School has 438 students, and Hood River Middle School 439. The middle schools and HRVHS were all expanded in the past year.
Cascade Locks has a total of 191 students in K-12; a total of 1,770 students are enrolled in all the elementary schools. Westside has 441 students, Mid Valley 424, May Street 418, Parkdale 271, 135 at Pine Grove, and 85 at Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge