Wednesday, September 25, 2002
The Hood River County School District’s Community Education is offering a SAT Preparation course for high school students. The course is for any student who is preparing to take the SAT test this year.
Colleges and universities use academic test scores such as the SAT for admittance or to determine if a student needs additional courses in order to succeed in college. This course, taught by Mimi Macht, will help students increase their scores and understand what to expect on the exam.
The four-week course will be held on Sundays from 4 to 6 p.m. beginning Oct. 6. It will be held at the Coe Primary Building and tuition is $40. To register, call Community Ed at 386-2055.
School enrollment hits 3,897
Hood River County School District enrollment stands at 3,897 students, up approximately 50 students over September 2001, according to a district report.
There are 1,205 students at Hood River Valley High School. Wy’east Middle School has 438 students, and Hood River Middle School 439. The middle schools and HRVHS were all expanded in the past year.
Cascade Locks has a total of 191 students in K-12; a total of 1,770 students are enrolled in all the elementary schools. Westside has 441 students, Mid Valley 424, May Street 418, Parkdale 271, 135 at Pine Grove, and 85 at Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge