Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Teams and sponsors are already signing up for the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation’s 13th Annual Bedpan Open Golf Tournament set for Saturday, May 10 at the Hood River Golf Course. A shotgun start is planned for 8 a.m.
For more information or to sponsor a team, call Judy Spellecy, 541-387-6474.
Last year’s Bedpan Open welcomed 80 golfers and their sponsors who contributed over $4,000 toward the hospital’s new mammography machine. Low gross prize went to the Ascan Orchards team of Phil and Marta Cannell, Susan McDaniel and Short Wimmers. Low Net winners were Larry and Kelly Bowe, Sara Starnes and Jim Slusher. This year, even more teams are expected. Proceeds will benefit the Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program.
Each team of four players and its sponsor will receive two golf carts with signs, area signs and box lunches. Three sponsorship levels are available, each with increasing promotional opportunities.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge