Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Teams and sponsors are already signing up for the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation’s 13th Annual Bedpan Open Golf Tournament set for Saturday, May 10 at the Hood River Golf Course. A shotgun start is planned for 8 a.m.
For more information or to sponsor a team, call Judy Spellecy, 541-387-6474.
Last year’s Bedpan Open welcomed 80 golfers and their sponsors who contributed over $4,000 toward the hospital’s new mammography machine. Low gross prize went to the Ascan Orchards team of Phil and Marta Cannell, Susan McDaniel and Short Wimmers. Low Net winners were Larry and Kelly Bowe, Sara Starnes and Jim Slusher. This year, even more teams are expected. Proceeds will benefit the Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program.
Each team of four players and its sponsor will receive two golf carts with signs, area signs and box lunches. Three sponsorship levels are available, each with increasing promotional opportunities.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge