Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Teams and sponsors are already signing up for the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation’s 13th Annual Bedpan Open Golf Tournament set for Saturday, May 10 at the Hood River Golf Course. A shotgun start is planned for 8 a.m.
For more information or to sponsor a team, call Judy Spellecy, 541-387-6474.
Last year’s Bedpan Open welcomed 80 golfers and their sponsors who contributed over $4,000 toward the hospital’s new mammography machine. Low gross prize went to the Ascan Orchards team of Phil and Marta Cannell, Susan McDaniel and Short Wimmers. Low Net winners were Larry and Kelly Bowe, Sara Starnes and Jim Slusher. This year, even more teams are expected. Proceeds will benefit the Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program.
Each team of four players and its sponsor will receive two golf carts with signs, area signs and box lunches. Three sponsorship levels are available, each with increasing promotional opportunities.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge