Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Teams and sponsors are already signing up for the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation’s 13th Annual Bedpan Open Golf Tournament set for Saturday, May 10 at the Hood River Golf Course. A shotgun start is planned for 8 a.m.
For more information or to sponsor a team, call Judy Spellecy, 541-387-6474.
Last year’s Bedpan Open welcomed 80 golfers and their sponsors who contributed over $4,000 toward the hospital’s new mammography machine. Low gross prize went to the Ascan Orchards team of Phil and Marta Cannell, Susan McDaniel and Short Wimmers. Low Net winners were Larry and Kelly Bowe, Sara Starnes and Jim Slusher. This year, even more teams are expected. Proceeds will benefit the Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program.
Each team of four players and its sponsor will receive two golf carts with signs, area signs and box lunches. Three sponsorship levels are available, each with increasing promotional opportunities.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge