Friday, April 18, 2003
The Hood River Valley boys tennis team came away with a 4-3 match win over La Salle on Tuesday during a non-conference competition in Portland.
HRV won all three singles matches played, and also took home one of the four doubles matches to come out on top.
Sophomore No. 1 Alec Asbridge played strong, consistent tennis and defeated Brook Pollack by a score of 7-6, 7-5. Junior No. 2 Sean Ritter earned a 6-3, 6-3 win over Andy Pollack, while junior No. 3 Alex Lozano won his match 6-3, 6-2.
Meanwhile, the only HRV team doubles team to earn a victory was the No. 1 tandem of Joseph Broschart and Matt Byrne, which won 6-3, 6-2. The Eagles No. 2 team of sophomores Bruce Chiang and Joe Yang fell 6-0, 6-0, while the No. 3 team of Cliff Cook and Sean Tamura lost 6-2, 6-0.
Finally, the No. 4 team of Alonzo Trejo and Jeff Fenwick lost by a score of 6-2, 6-1.
HRV was playing without four of its top players, including No. 1 doubles players Cam Emerson and Erin Herman.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge