Friday, April 18, 2003
The Hood River Valley boys tennis team came away with a 4-3 match win over La Salle on Tuesday during a non-conference competition in Portland.
HRV won all three singles matches played, and also took home one of the four doubles matches to come out on top.
Sophomore No. 1 Alec Asbridge played strong, consistent tennis and defeated Brook Pollack by a score of 7-6, 7-5. Junior No. 2 Sean Ritter earned a 6-3, 6-3 win over Andy Pollack, while junior No. 3 Alex Lozano won his match 6-3, 6-2.
Meanwhile, the only HRV team doubles team to earn a victory was the No. 1 tandem of Joseph Broschart and Matt Byrne, which won 6-3, 6-2. The Eagles No. 2 team of sophomores Bruce Chiang and Joe Yang fell 6-0, 6-0, while the No. 3 team of Cliff Cook and Sean Tamura lost 6-2, 6-0.
Finally, the No. 4 team of Alonzo Trejo and Jeff Fenwick lost by a score of 6-2, 6-1.
HRV was playing without four of its top players, including No. 1 doubles players Cam Emerson and Erin Herman.
More like this story
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge