Friday, April 18, 2003
The Hood River Valley boys tennis team came away with a 4-3 match win over La Salle on Tuesday during a non-conference competition in Portland.
HRV won all three singles matches played, and also took home one of the four doubles matches to come out on top.
Sophomore No. 1 Alec Asbridge played strong, consistent tennis and defeated Brook Pollack by a score of 7-6, 7-5. Junior No. 2 Sean Ritter earned a 6-3, 6-3 win over Andy Pollack, while junior No. 3 Alex Lozano won his match 6-3, 6-2.
Meanwhile, the only HRV team doubles team to earn a victory was the No. 1 tandem of Joseph Broschart and Matt Byrne, which won 6-3, 6-2. The Eagles No. 2 team of sophomores Bruce Chiang and Joe Yang fell 6-0, 6-0, while the No. 3 team of Cliff Cook and Sean Tamura lost 6-2, 6-0.
Finally, the No. 4 team of Alonzo Trejo and Jeff Fenwick lost by a score of 6-2, 6-1.
HRV was playing without four of its top players, including No. 1 doubles players Cam Emerson and Erin Herman.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge