Tuesday, April 29, 2003
The Hood River Downtown Business Association and GorgeArts invites local residents and tourists to the May First Friday Artwalk at downtown area businesses and galleries.
This month’s event, which begins at 5 p.m. Friday, offers a number of visual and audio treats to the general public. During this event, dozens of local artists exhibit their creations at downtown Hood River businesses, while local musicians perform at various locations in the downtown area.
Highlights for May include Jay and Janet O’Rourke at Yum Gallery, Pearls by Gyda Haight at Hood River Jewelers, Twisted Copper by Steve Galon at Cascade Travel, potters Merri Lee Cooper, Dick Radliff and Ken Lolley at the Hood River Hotel, Angela Lynn and Sherman Rouse at Frolik, Rachel Williamson at Hood River City Market, Kelly Phipps at Hood River Stationers, Mary Rollins at At Home on Oak Street, Dyann Andresen of Sunrise Inspirations at Hood River Nutrition and Designs by Ken Apland & Kevin Craig at Apland Jewelers. Columbia Art Gallery presents Pedro Galvan, with an opening reception at 7 p.m.
Music offerings include Mark Womble at the Hood River Hotel, Chic Preston and Nora Krevans at Hood River Wine Bar, Wild River at Hood River Bagel, Music by Jack Sheppard, Emily Krager and Pat Hanigan at Hood River Billiards, Charles Crosman at At Home on Oak Street and Live Mariachi Music at Columbia Art Gallery.
Special events include Going to Camp Fundraiser by Boy Scout Troop 360 at Discover Bicycles, Lions Club information table and First Book program awareness at Waucoma Bookstore, Columbia High School Girls Soccer Boosters Fundraiser with hand painted birdhouses at Hood River Bagel and book signing by Larissa Borkowski at A Salon Day Spa Boutique.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge