Friday, August 8, 2003
Two pairs of golfers teed off Thursday night at Indian Creek to decide who would represent the Twilight League in the fourth-annual Founder’s Cup on Aug. 16.
First-half champs John and Lynn Garcia squared off against second-half champs Joel Marcher and Tom Houle for a chance to play in next weekend’s Columbia Gorge Community College benefit, also at Indian Creek.
The winners were not available at press time, but Houle said it didn’t matter which team won.
“We would actually prefer to be playing with them, not against them,” he said. “But there’s nothing on the line. This is just for fun and bragging rights.”
Also at stake Thursday night was the league invitational bid to the Founder’s Cup, which was to be decided by the rest of the Twilight League field.
Fourteen pairs squared off for the right to join the winners of the championship playoff in a Founder’s Cup foursome.
Among those competing for the invite bid were Chris Emerson Jr. and his wife Kelly, Tony Meierbachtol and Alex Bryan, and Kevin Morgan and Tom Jenkins.
Official results of the scramble and the league championship playoff will be announced next week. For more information about the Twilight League, contact Chris Emerson Sr. at 354-6272.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge