Friday, August 8, 2003
Two pairs of golfers teed off Thursday night at Indian Creek to decide who would represent the Twilight League in the fourth-annual Founder’s Cup on Aug. 16.
First-half champs John and Lynn Garcia squared off against second-half champs Joel Marcher and Tom Houle for a chance to play in next weekend’s Columbia Gorge Community College benefit, also at Indian Creek.
The winners were not available at press time, but Houle said it didn’t matter which team won.
“We would actually prefer to be playing with them, not against them,” he said. “But there’s nothing on the line. This is just for fun and bragging rights.”
Also at stake Thursday night was the league invitational bid to the Founder’s Cup, which was to be decided by the rest of the Twilight League field.
Fourteen pairs squared off for the right to join the winners of the championship playoff in a Founder’s Cup foursome.
Among those competing for the invite bid were Chris Emerson Jr. and his wife Kelly, Tony Meierbachtol and Alex Bryan, and Kevin Morgan and Tom Jenkins.
Official results of the scramble and the league championship playoff will be announced next week. For more information about the Twilight League, contact Chris Emerson Sr. at 354-6272.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge