Friday, August 8, 2003
Two pairs of golfers teed off Thursday night at Indian Creek to decide who would represent the Twilight League in the fourth-annual Founder’s Cup on Aug. 16.
First-half champs John and Lynn Garcia squared off against second-half champs Joel Marcher and Tom Houle for a chance to play in next weekend’s Columbia Gorge Community College benefit, also at Indian Creek.
The winners were not available at press time, but Houle said it didn’t matter which team won.
“We would actually prefer to be playing with them, not against them,” he said. “But there’s nothing on the line. This is just for fun and bragging rights.”
Also at stake Thursday night was the league invitational bid to the Founder’s Cup, which was to be decided by the rest of the Twilight League field.
Fourteen pairs squared off for the right to join the winners of the championship playoff in a Founder’s Cup foursome.
Among those competing for the invite bid were Chris Emerson Jr. and his wife Kelly, Tony Meierbachtol and Alex Bryan, and Kevin Morgan and Tom Jenkins.
Official results of the scramble and the league championship playoff will be announced next week. For more information about the Twilight League, contact Chris Emerson Sr. at 354-6272.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge