Tuesday, August 26, 2003
From staff reports
HOOD RIVER — The home-field advantage wasn’t all it was cracked up to be last weekend for two of the three local Gorge Youth Football teams.
Hood River Green moved to 2-0 with a 44-0 win over The Dalles Black, but HR Blue and HR Purple each dropped to 1-1 with a pair of close losses at Henderson Stadium.
Purple fell 21-16 to The Dalles White, while Blue dropped a narrow 8-0 decision to a rugged Stevenson squad.
“We may have beaten them if we had all of our kids there,” said Blue coach Marty Sanders. “But we still played pretty solid with four of our key players on vacation. Stevenson is going to be tough for anyone to beat this year.”
All three teams will take Labor Day weekend off and then return to action on Sept. 6. Blue plays White Salmon Red, while Purple takes on Stevenson. Green will travel to The Dalles to face Red.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge