Tuesday, August 26, 2003
The 4th Thursday of Sprint Families in the Park will bring the 70’s back to life with the Satin Love Orchestra on Aug. 28 in Jackson Park in Hood River. SLO is a ten piece disco/funk group that produces as much adrenaline as any party animal can stand. Their appearance is nothing short of stunning, with a metallic 70’s-inspired wardrobe. They bring the sounds of the 70’s back with style. KC and Sunshine Band, Earth, Wind and Fire, The Commodores, Kool and the Gang, Sister Sledge, and the Bee Gees are just some of their specialties. They do for the 70’s what Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts do for the 50’s.
The evening starts at 6 p.m. with the American Legion Auxiliary fundraising BBQ. Many food vendors will also be in the park. The Desert Harem Dancers will entertain the crowd from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m.
Thursday is Columbia Gorge Pediatric Dental Clinic and Mt. Hood Meadows Night in the park. They are the main sponsors for SLO. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy the 70’s with SLO in the cool shade of Jackson Park. Everyone is welcome and it is free due to dozens of generous sponsors. Families in the Park will be back in 2004 with a fantastic line up.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge