Wednesday, February 12, 2003
Grooveyard at Savino’s Lounge
The proverbial ‘hook-up’ day is nearly upon us. Chocolates, flowers and, this year, Grooveyard. The portland-based sextet will be playing their unique brand of sultry R&B/soul music at Savino’s Martini Lounge in Hood River on Feb. 14.
The festivities will start at 9 p.m. and continue until late. The vibe will be mellow and casual party atmosphere for the earlier part of the show, with the band kicking it up a couple of notches for the late nighters. The night has been planned for long-time lovers and those looking for someone new.
For more information, visit savino’s lounge.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benoit, Thackery at HR Hotel
Squrl Music as it again, hosting a huge Blues double bill at the Hood River Hotel on Saturday, March 1. Telard recording artists Tab Benoit and Jimmy Thackery will share the stage from 8 to 11 p.m.
The two shine together on their CD Whiskey Store, just released in September of 2002.
Imagine the cajun grit of Louisiana-born Tab Benoit and the fiery, Hendrix-inspired fretwork of Jimmy Thackery mixed together with premier Blues harpist Charlie Musselwhite and Double Trouble, the rhythm section that helped fuel Stevie Ray Vaughn.
The two even touch on a little Bob Dylan, Neil Young and the Rolling Stones with in their combined sound.
Tickets are going fast for this show. Advance tickets are available at the Hood River Hotel. Ticket cost is $20. This is a non-smoking over-21 show.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events