Wednesday, February 12, 2003
Grab your valentine and get in here for a funkin’ good time this Friday with the Global Funk Council.
Global Funk Council offers a unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, Latin, and reggae. This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A. GFC recently recorded their first album, So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting. On Saturday, Morf plays a 9:30 p.m. show at the Saloon.
More like this story
- Ducks Unlimited
- Application deadline extended for Soroptimist ‘Live Your Dream’ award
- Rawson, Langhoff wed
- Service Announcements for Dec. 13: Eldon Behney and Douglas Evans
- Death Notices for Dec. 13:
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge