Wednesday, February 12, 2003
Grab your valentine and get in here for a funkin’ good time this Friday with the Global Funk Council.
Global Funk Council offers a unique brand of urban dance music, combining a funky rhythmic foundation with elements of jazz, Latin, and reggae. This new collaboration is still in its infancy, but the players are veterans of the scene.
Leading the pack are Anthony Smith (keyboards) from Giant People and Eric Bolivar (drums) from Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Rounding out the group are Steve Haney (percussion) from The Greyboy Allstars and Jonathan Stoyanoff (bass) from Johnny A. GFC recently recorded their first album, So get ready to get-down as your presence is requested at the next "Council" meeting. On Saturday, Morf plays a 9:30 p.m. show at the Saloon.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge