Thursday, February 13, 2003
Authorities are investigating the murder of Faustino Garcia Garcia, who was found dead of gunshot wounds in the early morning hours of Feb. 13.
The remains of the 52-year-old man were found in a vacant lot off 17th Street, just north of the Hood River Middle School football field. Garcia lived nearby with his wife, Rosario, and their four children. The body was found at about 7:30 a.m. by Sheriff's Detective Gerry Tiffany, after Garcia's family reported him missing.
Throughout Wednesday, the scene where the body was found was marked off in a grid of orange flags while officers from city police, Hood River Sheriff's Office combed the lot.
Please see the Feb. 15 edition for further coverage.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016