Thursday, February 13, 2003
Authorities are investigating the murder of Faustino Garcia Garcia, who was found dead of gunshot wounds in the early morning hours of Feb. 13.
The remains of the 52-year-old man were found in a vacant lot off 17th Street, just north of the Hood River Middle School football field. Garcia lived nearby with his wife, Rosario, and their four children. The body was found at about 7:30 a.m. by Sheriff's Detective Gerry Tiffany, after Garcia's family reported him missing.
Throughout Wednesday, the scene where the body was found was marked off in a grid of orange flags while officers from city police, Hood River Sheriff's Office combed the lot.
Please see the Feb. 15 edition for further coverage.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge