Thursday, February 13, 2003
Authorities are investigating the murder of Faustino Garcia Garcia, who was found dead of gunshot wounds in the early morning hours of Feb. 13.
The remains of the 52-year-old man were found in a vacant lot off 17th Street, just north of the Hood River Middle School football field. Garcia lived nearby with his wife, Rosario, and their four children. The body was found at about 7:30 a.m. by Sheriff's Detective Gerry Tiffany, after Garcia's family reported him missing.
Throughout Wednesday, the scene where the body was found was marked off in a grid of orange flags while officers from city police, Hood River Sheriff's Office combed the lot.
Please see the Feb. 15 edition for further coverage.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge