Thursday, February 13, 2003
Authorities are investigating the murder of Faustino Garcia Garcia, who was found dead of gunshot wounds in the early morning hours of Feb. 13.
The remains of the 52-year-old man were found in a vacant lot off 17th Street, just north of the Hood River Middle School football field. Garcia lived nearby with his wife, Rosario, and their four children. The body was found at about 7:30 a.m. by Sheriff's Detective Gerry Tiffany, after Garcia's family reported him missing.
Throughout Wednesday, the scene where the body was found was marked off in a grid of orange flags while officers from city police, Hood River Sheriff's Office combed the lot.
Please see the Feb. 15 edition for further coverage.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge