Wednesday, February 26, 2003
Hood River County residents who need help with tax preparation may benefit from the Tax-Aide program being offered from now to April 10 at three area locations.
The Tax-Aide program provides free tax assistance to low- and middle-income and elderly individuals. Trained volunteers assist in preparing both federal and state returns. Free electronic filing and direct deposit of refunds are both available, as well as assistance to shut-ins.
At Hood River Adult Center, help will be available on Mondays (through April 7) from 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays (through April 8) from 6-8 p.m., and Thursdays (through April 10) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
At Parkdale Community Center, the program will be held on first and third Wednesdays (through April 2) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on second and fourth Thursdays (through April 10).
At Cascade Locks Library, help will be available on second and fourth Wednesdays (through April 9) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Eligible persons must bring:
This year’s tax forms booklets received in the mail;
All forms, W-2 and 1099s;
Information for other income (pension, Social Security, interest, etc.);
A copy of last year’s tax return;
Social Security numbers and birth dates of all dependents;
All receipts and cancelled checks if itemizing deductions.
The Tax-Aide program is sponsored jointly by the Internal Revenue Service and the AARP Foundation. Volunteers must pass an IRS test to be a part of the program.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge