Friday, February 28, 2003
Hood River News sports editor Dave Leder was named the Oregon State Wrestling Media Person of the Year on Feb. 22 at Portland Memorial Coliseum during the OSAA/U.S. Bank/Les Schwab Tires state wrestling championships.
Leder’s coverage of the Hood River Valley Eagles wrestling team over the past two seasons helped him earn recognition from the Oregon High School Wrestling Coaches Association as well as the Oregon School Activities Association. Leder joined the Hood River News in July 2001.
He was awarded a plaque from OHSWCA co-presidents Keith Bassham and Les Combs, and will be asked to present the 2004 award at next year’s state championships.
“It’s quite an honor to have your name called in front of so many people,” Leder said. “But I am very appreciative of Keith Bassham and (HRV coach) Mark Brown for nominating me.”
Miles Vance of the Beaverton Valley Times was also honored by the OHSWCA, but was not in attendance.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events