Friday, February 28, 2003
Hood River News sports editor Dave Leder was named the Oregon State Wrestling Media Person of the Year on Feb. 22 at Portland Memorial Coliseum during the OSAA/U.S. Bank/Les Schwab Tires state wrestling championships.
Leder’s coverage of the Hood River Valley Eagles wrestling team over the past two seasons helped him earn recognition from the Oregon High School Wrestling Coaches Association as well as the Oregon School Activities Association. Leder joined the Hood River News in July 2001.
He was awarded a plaque from OHSWCA co-presidents Keith Bassham and Les Combs, and will be asked to present the 2004 award at next year’s state championships.
“It’s quite an honor to have your name called in front of so many people,” Leder said. “But I am very appreciative of Keith Bassham and (HRV coach) Mark Brown for nominating me.”
Miles Vance of the Beaverton Valley Times was also honored by the OHSWCA, but was not in attendance.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge