Friday, January 24, 2003
Hoping to build on the momentum from a solid performance at the Oregon Classic, the Hood River Valley wrestling team returns to Central Oregon this weekend for back-to-back Intermountain Conference dual meets against Redmond and Bend.
With the district meet just three weekends away, coach Mark Brown is quietly confident, but also cautiously optimistic.
“We’ve shown that we can compete with most teams in the state,” he said. “The attitude on the team has been very positive, but we need to maintain our focus.”
Much to Brown’s pleasure, most of the lineup appears to be in top form. Junior Rocky Level and senior Jacobe Krizman continue to dominate the opposition, while Tommy Owyen, Nigel Bond, John Harvey, Josh Van Ek, Nate Dethman and Efrain Garcia have kept the Eagles in every match.
In preparation for the district meet — to be held Feb. 14-15 in Pendleton — the Eagles have already won two tournaments, placed fourth at Best in the West, competed well at the Oregon Classic, and posted a 5-2 dual meet record (2-1 IMC).
For a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s action, see the Jan. 29 edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge