Friday, January 24, 2003
Hoping to build on the momentum from a solid performance at the Oregon Classic, the Hood River Valley wrestling team returns to Central Oregon this weekend for back-to-back Intermountain Conference dual meets against Redmond and Bend.
With the district meet just three weekends away, coach Mark Brown is quietly confident, but also cautiously optimistic.
“We’ve shown that we can compete with most teams in the state,” he said. “The attitude on the team has been very positive, but we need to maintain our focus.”
Much to Brown’s pleasure, most of the lineup appears to be in top form. Junior Rocky Level and senior Jacobe Krizman continue to dominate the opposition, while Tommy Owyen, Nigel Bond, John Harvey, Josh Van Ek, Nate Dethman and Efrain Garcia have kept the Eagles in every match.
In preparation for the district meet — to be held Feb. 14-15 in Pendleton — the Eagles have already won two tournaments, placed fourth at Best in the West, competed well at the Oregon Classic, and posted a 5-2 dual meet record (2-1 IMC).
For a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s action, see the Jan. 29 edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda