Friday, January 24, 2003
Hoping to build on the momentum from a solid performance at the Oregon Classic, the Hood River Valley wrestling team returns to Central Oregon this weekend for back-to-back Intermountain Conference dual meets against Redmond and Bend.
With the district meet just three weekends away, coach Mark Brown is quietly confident, but also cautiously optimistic.
“We’ve shown that we can compete with most teams in the state,” he said. “The attitude on the team has been very positive, but we need to maintain our focus.”
Much to Brown’s pleasure, most of the lineup appears to be in top form. Junior Rocky Level and senior Jacobe Krizman continue to dominate the opposition, while Tommy Owyen, Nigel Bond, John Harvey, Josh Van Ek, Nate Dethman and Efrain Garcia have kept the Eagles in every match.
In preparation for the district meet — to be held Feb. 14-15 in Pendleton — the Eagles have already won two tournaments, placed fourth at Best in the West, competed well at the Oregon Classic, and posted a 5-2 dual meet record (2-1 IMC).
For a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s action, see the Jan. 29 edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge