Friday, January 24, 2003
Hoping to build on the momentum from a solid performance at the Oregon Classic, the Hood River Valley wrestling team returns to Central Oregon this weekend for back-to-back Intermountain Conference dual meets against Redmond and Bend.
With the district meet just three weekends away, coach Mark Brown is quietly confident, but also cautiously optimistic.
“We’ve shown that we can compete with most teams in the state,” he said. “The attitude on the team has been very positive, but we need to maintain our focus.”
Much to Brown’s pleasure, most of the lineup appears to be in top form. Junior Rocky Level and senior Jacobe Krizman continue to dominate the opposition, while Tommy Owyen, Nigel Bond, John Harvey, Josh Van Ek, Nate Dethman and Efrain Garcia have kept the Eagles in every match.
In preparation for the district meet — to be held Feb. 14-15 in Pendleton — the Eagles have already won two tournaments, placed fourth at Best in the West, competed well at the Oregon Classic, and posted a 5-2 dual meet record (2-1 IMC).
For a complete wrap-up of this weekend’s action, see the Jan. 29 edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge