Wednesday, January 29, 2003
A man with a gun robbed a Hood River gasoline station Sunday night and police are asking for citizen help to catch the suspect.
Hood River County Detective Gerry Tiffany said the man who drew a gun on a female attendant at Nobi’s on Tucker Road, south of Hood River, and demanded cash was wearing a mask so a complete description is not available. However, he said the man was last seen running west on Tucker Road shortly after 10 p.m. and his scent was later tracked by dogs to a nearby storage complex where it is believed he had parked a getaway vehicle.
Tiffany is asking passing motorists and other residents who may have seen the fleeing suspect or other unusual activity in the Heights during that time to call the sheriff’s department and make a confidential report at 386-2098.
According to Tiffany, the suspect was hiding in the bathroom outside the building and jumped out to threaten the employee when she went to lock the facility up for the night. The male waved a handgun and demanded that she turn over the day’s receipts, estimated at between $1,000-$2,000. He then ran away from the premises and the frightened worker called for police help.
The area was thoroughly searched with the help of a Gresham canine unit but Tiffany said the dogs could only follow the tracks to the Secure Storage parking area.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge