Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hood River County voters joined the rest of Oregon Tuesday in defeating the Measure 28, the income tax surcharge proposal.
The county tally was 3,593 no votes to 3,167 yes, for a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. Statewide, the vote was 54 to 46 percent.
The county totals are final, unofficial, results, according to Lee Shissler, county elections supervisor. Still to be counted are about 50 ballots that contain questionable signatures or had been dropped at election sites in other counties. These will be hand-counted this week.
More like this story
- Ducks Unlimited
- Application deadline extended for Soroptimist ‘Live Your Dream’ award
- Rawson, Langhoff wed
- Service Announcements for Dec. 13: Eldon Behney and Douglas Evans
- Death Notices for Dec. 13:
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge