Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hood River County voters joined the rest of Oregon Tuesday in defeating the Measure 28, the income tax surcharge proposal.
The county tally was 3,593 no votes to 3,167 yes, for a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. Statewide, the vote was 54 to 46 percent.
The county totals are final, unofficial, results, according to Lee Shissler, county elections supervisor. Still to be counted are about 50 ballots that contain questionable signatures or had been dropped at election sites in other counties. These will be hand-counted this week.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge