Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hood River County voters joined the rest of Oregon Tuesday in defeating the Measure 28, the income tax surcharge proposal.
The county tally was 3,593 no votes to 3,167 yes, for a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. Statewide, the vote was 54 to 46 percent.
The county totals are final, unofficial, results, according to Lee Shissler, county elections supervisor. Still to be counted are about 50 ballots that contain questionable signatures or had been dropped at election sites in other counties. These will be hand-counted this week.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge