Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hood River County voters joined the rest of Oregon Tuesday in defeating the Measure 28, the income tax surcharge proposal.
The county tally was 3,593 no votes to 3,167 yes, for a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. Statewide, the vote was 54 to 46 percent.
The county totals are final, unofficial, results, according to Lee Shissler, county elections supervisor. Still to be counted are about 50 ballots that contain questionable signatures or had been dropped at election sites in other counties. These will be hand-counted this week.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge