Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hood River County voters joined the rest of Oregon Tuesday in defeating the Measure 28, the income tax surcharge proposal.
The county tally was 3,593 no votes to 3,167 yes, for a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. Statewide, the vote was 54 to 46 percent.
The county totals are final, unofficial, results, according to Lee Shissler, county elections supervisor. Still to be counted are about 50 ballots that contain questionable signatures or had been dropped at election sites in other counties. These will be hand-counted this week.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge