Tuesday, July 15, 2003
On Friday, July 25 at 7:30 p.m., there will be a public concert at Paul Blackburn and Kristen Dillon’s house, 401 Montello, Hood River. A donation to the Mid-Columbia Folklore Society of $10 is suggested. Tea and cookies will be served.
Jamie Stillway and Ben Bonham perform duets on a variety of steel string and acoustic lap steel guitars. Their unique guitar styles complement each other perfectly to produce a fresh, inspiring sound that is sophisticated and fun.
Jamie Stillway is one of the best young female acoustic guitarists currently performing in the U.S.A. Originally from Minnesota, Stillway recently settled in Portland. With a foundation in classical guitar, Stillway soon shifted her focus to the complex ragtime guitar styles of the 1920s, and has had the benefit of studying with many of today's top acoustic players. These influences, along with a newly developed passion for gypsy jazz guitar have contributed to Stillway’s distinct sound.
Ben Bonham has over ten years of professional experience as a live performer and recording musician in both the U.K. and the U.S.A. Since 1996, this British expatriate has delighted U.S. audiences with his renderings of old time American music and his mastery of delta blues, vintage Hawaiian lap steel and country blues and ragtime guitar. Bonham has several CDs to his credit, which have earned him the admiration of acoustic and steel guitar aficionados, and can often be seen playing his varied collection of vintage musical instruments at major festivals as the ultimate One-Man Band.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge