Tuesday, July 29, 2003
The Hood River County Fair opens at noon today and will run through Saturday in Odell.
Today is Family Day, which means that a car full of family and friends gain entrance to the fair for a mere $10. Regular general admission prices are $5 per person, $1 for children ages 6-12, and under 6 free.
The carnival rides open at 1 p.m. each day and continue until 11:30 p.m. tonight and Thursday, and 12:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights. Bracelets can be purchased for $15 ($12 if purchased before 5 p.m. opening day) which allow unlimited rides for one day.
The traditional Soroptimist Old-Fashioned BBQ will start at 5 p.m. tonight in the picnic area just inside the main gate. Bob’s Texas T-Bone of Rufus, Ore., will prepare the meat while it lasts or until 7:30 p.m.
Also happening tonight is the talent contest, from 6-7 p.m. in the park area. Performers from the county will compete for cash prizes and a chance to go on to the state fair.
Thursday is Senior Citizen’s Day. Hood River County residents age 62 and older will be admitted for $2 per person, which includes a free lunch served at noon in the park.
Exhibit rooms and livestock barns are full of the best the valley has to offer. For more information call the fair office at 354-2865.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge