Tuesday, July 29, 2003
The Hood River County Fair opens at noon today and will run through Saturday in Odell.
Today is Family Day, which means that a car full of family and friends gain entrance to the fair for a mere $10. Regular general admission prices are $5 per person, $1 for children ages 6-12, and under 6 free.
The carnival rides open at 1 p.m. each day and continue until 11:30 p.m. tonight and Thursday, and 12:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights. Bracelets can be purchased for $15 ($12 if purchased before 5 p.m. opening day) which allow unlimited rides for one day.
The traditional Soroptimist Old-Fashioned BBQ will start at 5 p.m. tonight in the picnic area just inside the main gate. Bob’s Texas T-Bone of Rufus, Ore., will prepare the meat while it lasts or until 7:30 p.m.
Also happening tonight is the talent contest, from 6-7 p.m. in the park area. Performers from the county will compete for cash prizes and a chance to go on to the state fair.
Thursday is Senior Citizen’s Day. Hood River County residents age 62 and older will be admitted for $2 per person, which includes a free lunch served at noon in the park.
Exhibit rooms and livestock barns are full of the best the valley has to offer. For more information call the fair office at 354-2865.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge