Tuesday, July 29, 2003
The Hood River County Fair opens at noon today and will run through Saturday in Odell.
Today is Family Day, which means that a car full of family and friends gain entrance to the fair for a mere $10. Regular general admission prices are $5 per person, $1 for children ages 6-12, and under 6 free.
The carnival rides open at 1 p.m. each day and continue until 11:30 p.m. tonight and Thursday, and 12:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights. Bracelets can be purchased for $15 ($12 if purchased before 5 p.m. opening day) which allow unlimited rides for one day.
The traditional Soroptimist Old-Fashioned BBQ will start at 5 p.m. tonight in the picnic area just inside the main gate. Bob’s Texas T-Bone of Rufus, Ore., will prepare the meat while it lasts or until 7:30 p.m.
Also happening tonight is the talent contest, from 6-7 p.m. in the park area. Performers from the county will compete for cash prizes and a chance to go on to the state fair.
Thursday is Senior Citizen’s Day. Hood River County residents age 62 and older will be admitted for $2 per person, which includes a free lunch served at noon in the park.
Exhibit rooms and livestock barns are full of the best the valley has to offer. For more information call the fair office at 354-2865.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge