Tuesday, June 3, 2003
A concert will be hosted at CAST Performing Arts Center on Friday at 8 p.m., featuring the music of local singer/songwriter Larry Russ. Doors will open at 7:30. Admission is $7 at the door. Playing with Larry will be David Dionesotes (vocals, guitar) and Jason Russ (percussion).
Special guest musicians will be Betsy Oslund Harmon (vocals, keyboard), Michelle Goguen (guitar, vocals), and Jon Cyparski (flute.) David and Larry have performed and written music together since 1990 and were finalists invited to perform at last summer’s performing songwriters contest in Sisters.
Betsy Harmon is a local singer/songwriter and was recently featured on Dan Ross’s Q104.5 FM Sunday radio program. Michelle Goguen has played in venues around the Gorge and performs a wide range of covers and original songs. Jon Cyparski is an accomplished musician and member of the group Syncline and will be demonstrating his craft on the flute.
CAST Performing Arts Center is located at 105 Fourth Street in Hood River. For more information call Rishell at CAST, 387-8855.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge