Tuesday, June 3, 2003
A concert will be hosted at CAST Performing Arts Center on Friday at 8 p.m., featuring the music of local singer/songwriter Larry Russ. Doors will open at 7:30. Admission is $7 at the door. Playing with Larry will be David Dionesotes (vocals, guitar) and Jason Russ (percussion).
Special guest musicians will be Betsy Oslund Harmon (vocals, keyboard), Michelle Goguen (guitar, vocals), and Jon Cyparski (flute.) David and Larry have performed and written music together since 1990 and were finalists invited to perform at last summer’s performing songwriters contest in Sisters.
Betsy Harmon is a local singer/songwriter and was recently featured on Dan Ross’s Q104.5 FM Sunday radio program. Michelle Goguen has played in venues around the Gorge and performs a wide range of covers and original songs. Jon Cyparski is an accomplished musician and member of the group Syncline and will be demonstrating his craft on the flute.
CAST Performing Arts Center is located at 105 Fourth Street in Hood River. For more information call Rishell at CAST, 387-8855.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge