Tuesday, June 3, 2003
A concert will be hosted at CAST Performing Arts Center on Friday at 8 p.m., featuring the music of local singer/songwriter Larry Russ. Doors will open at 7:30. Admission is $7 at the door. Playing with Larry will be David Dionesotes (vocals, guitar) and Jason Russ (percussion).
Special guest musicians will be Betsy Oslund Harmon (vocals, keyboard), Michelle Goguen (guitar, vocals), and Jon Cyparski (flute.) David and Larry have performed and written music together since 1990 and were finalists invited to perform at last summer’s performing songwriters contest in Sisters.
Betsy Harmon is a local singer/songwriter and was recently featured on Dan Ross’s Q104.5 FM Sunday radio program. Michelle Goguen has played in venues around the Gorge and performs a wide range of covers and original songs. Jon Cyparski is an accomplished musician and member of the group Syncline and will be demonstrating his craft on the flute.
CAST Performing Arts Center is located at 105 Fourth Street in Hood River. For more information call Rishell at CAST, 387-8855.
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge