Tuesday, June 3, 2003
A concert will be hosted at CAST Performing Arts Center on Friday at 8 p.m., featuring the music of local singer/songwriter Larry Russ. Doors will open at 7:30. Admission is $7 at the door. Playing with Larry will be David Dionesotes (vocals, guitar) and Jason Russ (percussion).
Special guest musicians will be Betsy Oslund Harmon (vocals, keyboard), Michelle Goguen (guitar, vocals), and Jon Cyparski (flute.) David and Larry have performed and written music together since 1990 and were finalists invited to perform at last summer’s performing songwriters contest in Sisters.
Betsy Harmon is a local singer/songwriter and was recently featured on Dan Ross’s Q104.5 FM Sunday radio program. Michelle Goguen has played in venues around the Gorge and performs a wide range of covers and original songs. Jon Cyparski is an accomplished musician and member of the group Syncline and will be demonstrating his craft on the flute.
CAST Performing Arts Center is located at 105 Fourth Street in Hood River. For more information call Rishell at CAST, 387-8855.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge