Tuesday, June 3, 2003
A concert will be hosted at CAST Performing Arts Center on Friday at 8 p.m., featuring the music of local singer/songwriter Larry Russ. Doors will open at 7:30. Admission is $7 at the door. Playing with Larry will be David Dionesotes (vocals, guitar) and Jason Russ (percussion).
Special guest musicians will be Betsy Oslund Harmon (vocals, keyboard), Michelle Goguen (guitar, vocals), and Jon Cyparski (flute.) David and Larry have performed and written music together since 1990 and were finalists invited to perform at last summer’s performing songwriters contest in Sisters.
Betsy Harmon is a local singer/songwriter and was recently featured on Dan Ross’s Q104.5 FM Sunday radio program. Michelle Goguen has played in venues around the Gorge and performs a wide range of covers and original songs. Jon Cyparski is an accomplished musician and member of the group Syncline and will be demonstrating his craft on the flute.
CAST Performing Arts Center is located at 105 Fourth Street in Hood River. For more information call Rishell at CAST, 387-8855.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge