Tuesday, June 3, 2003
Class of 2003 singers will perform the song “Capture Our Dreams,” during Friday’s commencement ceremony at Hood River Valley High School.
The song was written by senior Jasmine Cohen for the occasion, in which approximately 260 students are ushered into life’s next phase.
The ceremony will be at 7:30 p.m. at Henderson Stadium; the new Eagle 2003 plaza will be ready for the occasion, though the new restroom facilities built as part of the volunteer project are subject to inspection.
Meanwhile, Cascade Locks High School will graduate a class of 18 seniors in the 2003 commencement at 1 p.m. Saturday in the gymnasium.
Cascade Locks valedictorians are Julia Back, Jamie Fischer, and Britny Foster; Jillian Kononen is salutatorian. Speakers will be principal Chris Daniels and Carla Zumwalt, language arts teacher.
At HRVHS, seven students are in the running for valedictorian; senior class advisor Cary Mallon said the grade point averages are so close that the results won’t be known until today, the final day of the semester (and too late for presstime).
Welcoming speakers at HRVHS will be Edith Chavez in Spanish and Ryan Kawachi in English. Class speakers will be Christy Paul and Jenny Villagomez in Spanish.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge