Tuesday, June 3, 2003
Class of 2003 singers will perform the song “Capture Our Dreams,” during Friday’s commencement ceremony at Hood River Valley High School.
The song was written by senior Jasmine Cohen for the occasion, in which approximately 260 students are ushered into life’s next phase.
The ceremony will be at 7:30 p.m. at Henderson Stadium; the new Eagle 2003 plaza will be ready for the occasion, though the new restroom facilities built as part of the volunteer project are subject to inspection.
Meanwhile, Cascade Locks High School will graduate a class of 18 seniors in the 2003 commencement at 1 p.m. Saturday in the gymnasium.
Cascade Locks valedictorians are Julia Back, Jamie Fischer, and Britny Foster; Jillian Kononen is salutatorian. Speakers will be principal Chris Daniels and Carla Zumwalt, language arts teacher.
At HRVHS, seven students are in the running for valedictorian; senior class advisor Cary Mallon said the grade point averages are so close that the results won’t be known until today, the final day of the semester (and too late for presstime).
Welcoming speakers at HRVHS will be Edith Chavez in Spanish and Ryan Kawachi in English. Class speakers will be Christy Paul and Jenny Villagomez in Spanish.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge