Tuesday, June 3, 2003
The band Syncline will play at Savino’s Lounge on Saturday starting at 8 p.m. The local band plays both originals and cover tunes influenced by a broad range of musical styles. Their performances are characterized by well-crafted instrumental arrangements and vocal harmonies. Band members are Jon Cyparski on guitar, flute and vocals; Rob Guidera on guitar, concertina and vocals; George Bentz on fretless bass; and Colleen Regalbuto on vocals. Special guest Jason Russ will also be joining them on percussion. Savino’s is located at 212 4th St. in Hood River. There is no cover charge for the event.
More like this story
- Facing the Big One: Public learns about Cascadia quake at open house
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge