Friday, June 6, 2003
Tickets for the June 28 Les Schwab Bowl at Portland’s PGE Park can still be purchased through Hood River Valley High School.
Senior Jacobe Krizman, who set the state rushing record during the 2002 season, has been asked to play in the game, and would like to garner as much local support as possible before he dons the pads one last time in his prep career.
The deadline for ticket sales is June 27, and they can be obtained through the HRV athletic office at 386-2318 or by calling Krizman at 352-4263. Prices are $15 for adult reserved seats and $12 for students.
All money earned will go back to the HRV football program.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
- Rough night for the eagles
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge