Friday, June 6, 2003
Tickets for the June 28 Les Schwab Bowl at Portland’s PGE Park can still be purchased through Hood River Valley High School.
Senior Jacobe Krizman, who set the state rushing record during the 2002 season, has been asked to play in the game, and would like to garner as much local support as possible before he dons the pads one last time in his prep career.
The deadline for ticket sales is June 27, and they can be obtained through the HRV athletic office at 386-2318 or by calling Krizman at 352-4263. Prices are $15 for adult reserved seats and $12 for students.
All money earned will go back to the HRV football program.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge