Tuesday, June 17, 2003
“A Day Out With Thomas”, an event that drew an estimated 26,000 kids and adults from locations such as Europe, the East Coast, Alaska and Canada last year, will return to Hood River on June 20-29 to give train rides and host an array of activities for people of all ages.
“A Day Out With Thomas” features Thomas the Tank Engine from the classic “Railway Series” storybooks and the PBS television show “Thomas and Friends.”
With more than 300 event days on the schedule, “Day Out With Thomas” will make 50 stops at 40 heritage railroads nationwide. More than one million passengers are expected to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine at “Day Out With Thomas” events this year.
“This is a very good event for Hood River,” said Michelle Marquart, manager of Mt. Hood Railroad. “It’s a good economic gain because many of the people come here spend the night and eat in the restaurants when they come to see Thomas.”
Tickets for 30-minute rides on Thomas are available for $14 from the Mt. Hood Railroad. Rides will depart on the hour between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. every day. Tickets are date and time specific and it is recommended that tickets are purchased in advance. Call the Mt. Hood Railroad for tickets at 866-468-7630. For general information call 800-872-4661 or visit www.mthoodrr.com.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge