Tuesday, June 17, 2003
“A Day Out With Thomas”, an event that drew an estimated 26,000 kids and adults from locations such as Europe, the East Coast, Alaska and Canada last year, will return to Hood River on June 20-29 to give train rides and host an array of activities for people of all ages.
“A Day Out With Thomas” features Thomas the Tank Engine from the classic “Railway Series” storybooks and the PBS television show “Thomas and Friends.”
With more than 300 event days on the schedule, “Day Out With Thomas” will make 50 stops at 40 heritage railroads nationwide. More than one million passengers are expected to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine at “Day Out With Thomas” events this year.
“This is a very good event for Hood River,” said Michelle Marquart, manager of Mt. Hood Railroad. “It’s a good economic gain because many of the people come here spend the night and eat in the restaurants when they come to see Thomas.”
Tickets for 30-minute rides on Thomas are available for $14 from the Mt. Hood Railroad. Rides will depart on the hour between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. every day. Tickets are date and time specific and it is recommended that tickets are purchased in advance. Call the Mt. Hood Railroad for tickets at 866-468-7630. For general information call 800-872-4661 or visit www.mthoodrr.com.
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge