Tuesday, June 17, 2003
“A Day Out With Thomas”, an event that drew an estimated 26,000 kids and adults from locations such as Europe, the East Coast, Alaska and Canada last year, will return to Hood River on June 20-29 to give train rides and host an array of activities for people of all ages.
“A Day Out With Thomas” features Thomas the Tank Engine from the classic “Railway Series” storybooks and the PBS television show “Thomas and Friends.”
With more than 300 event days on the schedule, “Day Out With Thomas” will make 50 stops at 40 heritage railroads nationwide. More than one million passengers are expected to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine at “Day Out With Thomas” events this year.
“This is a very good event for Hood River,” said Michelle Marquart, manager of Mt. Hood Railroad. “It’s a good economic gain because many of the people come here spend the night and eat in the restaurants when they come to see Thomas.”
Tickets for 30-minute rides on Thomas are available for $14 from the Mt. Hood Railroad. Rides will depart on the hour between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. every day. Tickets are date and time specific and it is recommended that tickets are purchased in advance. Call the Mt. Hood Railroad for tickets at 866-468-7630. For general information call 800-872-4661 or visit www.mthoodrr.com.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge