Tuesday, June 17, 2003
“A Day Out With Thomas”, an event that drew an estimated 26,000 kids and adults from locations such as Europe, the East Coast, Alaska and Canada last year, will return to Hood River on June 20-29 to give train rides and host an array of activities for people of all ages.
“A Day Out With Thomas” features Thomas the Tank Engine from the classic “Railway Series” storybooks and the PBS television show “Thomas and Friends.”
With more than 300 event days on the schedule, “Day Out With Thomas” will make 50 stops at 40 heritage railroads nationwide. More than one million passengers are expected to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine at “Day Out With Thomas” events this year.
“This is a very good event for Hood River,” said Michelle Marquart, manager of Mt. Hood Railroad. “It’s a good economic gain because many of the people come here spend the night and eat in the restaurants when they come to see Thomas.”
Tickets for 30-minute rides on Thomas are available for $14 from the Mt. Hood Railroad. Rides will depart on the hour between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. every day. Tickets are date and time specific and it is recommended that tickets are purchased in advance. Call the Mt. Hood Railroad for tickets at 866-468-7630. For general information call 800-872-4661 or visit www.mthoodrr.com.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge