Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Students from the Columbia Gorge Dance Academy present their annual spring dance concert on Friday and Saturday at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. This year’s show is titled, “The Gallery,” and features an assortment of dance pieces inspired by visual art.
Dancers, ranging in age from 3 through adults, have been studying ballet, pointe, tap, hip hop and jazz for the past year at the academy. Children and adults will show their accomplishments in three separate performances. The Friday and Saturday night shows begin at 7 p.m. and highlight dancers from the senior and adult division of the academy. Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. is a matinee show with the junior division dancers performing.
Tickets cost $5 and can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, or at the door. Children under age 5 are free. The dance academy is under the direction of Susan Sorensen. Faculty includes Nancy Clement — ballet and pointe; Theresa Mason — ballet; Charlotte Arnold — tap; Susan Shepherd — jazz; Susie Zee Mears — jazz and hip hop; Susan Sorensen — jazz and hip-hop; and Mary Beth Kennedy — rhythm and tap.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge