Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Students from the Columbia Gorge Dance Academy present their annual spring dance concert on Friday and Saturday at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. This year’s show is titled, “The Gallery,” and features an assortment of dance pieces inspired by visual art.
Dancers, ranging in age from 3 through adults, have been studying ballet, pointe, tap, hip hop and jazz for the past year at the academy. Children and adults will show their accomplishments in three separate performances. The Friday and Saturday night shows begin at 7 p.m. and highlight dancers from the senior and adult division of the academy. Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. is a matinee show with the junior division dancers performing.
Tickets cost $5 and can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, or at the door. Children under age 5 are free. The dance academy is under the direction of Susan Sorensen. Faculty includes Nancy Clement — ballet and pointe; Theresa Mason — ballet; Charlotte Arnold — tap; Susan Shepherd — jazz; Susie Zee Mears — jazz and hip hop; Susan Sorensen — jazz and hip-hop; and Mary Beth Kennedy — rhythm and tap.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge