Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Students from the Columbia Gorge Dance Academy present their annual spring dance concert on Friday and Saturday at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. This year’s show is titled, “The Gallery,” and features an assortment of dance pieces inspired by visual art.
Dancers, ranging in age from 3 through adults, have been studying ballet, pointe, tap, hip hop and jazz for the past year at the academy. Children and adults will show their accomplishments in three separate performances. The Friday and Saturday night shows begin at 7 p.m. and highlight dancers from the senior and adult division of the academy. Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. is a matinee show with the junior division dancers performing.
Tickets cost $5 and can be purchased at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, or at the door. Children under age 5 are free. The dance academy is under the direction of Susan Sorensen. Faculty includes Nancy Clement — ballet and pointe; Theresa Mason — ballet; Charlotte Arnold — tap; Susan Shepherd — jazz; Susie Zee Mears — jazz and hip hop; Susan Sorensen — jazz and hip-hop; and Mary Beth Kennedy — rhythm and tap.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge