Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Hood River Billiards is proud to announce the formation of a fully sanctioned Billiard Congresss of America (BCA) summer pool league.
Competition is set to begin in late June, and play in the league will entitle all players for local, regional and national BCA tournaments and events.
All participants will receive a BCA membership card, patch, rule book and other benefits.
The league will run through September and play will alternate week to week from 8-ball to 9-ball.
Teams will consist of three players, male or female, of any ability level. Each player will compete in his or her own match, and will not alternate shots with teammates.
The league will begin Wednesday, June 25, and will run from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hood River Billiards (next to the Mt. Hood Railroad parking lot on East Cascade Ave. in the old Antique Mall building).
Entries are due by June 22, so players are urged to contact HR Billiards owner Cristy Barsky as soon as possible. The number to call is 541-490-3124.
Hood River Billiards will continue its schedule of open 8-ball and 9-ball tournaments throughout the summer. Open 8-ball will be the second Saturday of the month, while 9-ball will take place every fourth Saturday.
A July 4 pool table sale is also planned, so stop by and check it out.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge