Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Hood River Billiards is proud to announce the formation of a fully sanctioned Billiard Congresss of America (BCA) summer pool league.
Competition is set to begin in late June, and play in the league will entitle all players for local, regional and national BCA tournaments and events.
All participants will receive a BCA membership card, patch, rule book and other benefits.
The league will run through September and play will alternate week to week from 8-ball to 9-ball.
Teams will consist of three players, male or female, of any ability level. Each player will compete in his or her own match, and will not alternate shots with teammates.
The league will begin Wednesday, June 25, and will run from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hood River Billiards (next to the Mt. Hood Railroad parking lot on East Cascade Ave. in the old Antique Mall building).
Entries are due by June 22, so players are urged to contact HR Billiards owner Cristy Barsky as soon as possible. The number to call is 541-490-3124.
Hood River Billiards will continue its schedule of open 8-ball and 9-ball tournaments throughout the summer. Open 8-ball will be the second Saturday of the month, while 9-ball will take place every fourth Saturday.
A July 4 pool table sale is also planned, so stop by and check it out.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge