Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Hood River Outfitters celebrates the return of summer with the 7th annual Summer Solstice Block Party on Wasco Street this Saturday.
The event features live music and the first occassion to dance in the streets of Hood River. Moe Dixon, Django’s Cadillac and The Ultronz are scheduled to perform beginning at 7 p.m.
A burger, brat barbecue, and beer garden and a strawberry shortcake stand wil be featured. This event is free and open to all ages.
Jeff Hammer, owner of Hood River Outfitters, has extended an open invitation to the party for all Gorge residents and visitors.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge