Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Hood River Outfitters celebrates the return of summer with the 7th annual Summer Solstice Block Party on Wasco Street this Saturday.
The event features live music and the first occassion to dance in the streets of Hood River. Moe Dixon, Django’s Cadillac and The Ultronz are scheduled to perform beginning at 7 p.m.
A burger, brat barbecue, and beer garden and a strawberry shortcake stand wil be featured. This event is free and open to all ages.
Jeff Hammer, owner of Hood River Outfitters, has extended an open invitation to the party for all Gorge residents and visitors.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge