Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Hood River Outfitters celebrates the return of summer with the 7th annual Summer Solstice Block Party on Wasco Street this Saturday.
The event features live music and the first occassion to dance in the streets of Hood River. Moe Dixon, Django’s Cadillac and The Ultronz are scheduled to perform beginning at 7 p.m.
A burger, brat barbecue, and beer garden and a strawberry shortcake stand wil be featured. This event is free and open to all ages.
Jeff Hammer, owner of Hood River Outfitters, has extended an open invitation to the party for all Gorge residents and visitors.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge